light headed and dizziness

• This topic has 6 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

kvndai
    Keymaster

Hey guys i went back to my fat boi nature for a week after a 2 month CNS without much problems, but i decided to start CNS again. I'm on my 5th day of the prep phase and I started feeling dizzy since I woke up. Everytime I stand up i feel light headed and have to hold on to something for a few seconds. Could this be caused by the ketosis?The didnt happen to me on my first prep phase 2 months ago im not sure why this is happening now. :-

Chuck

hmmmm Well if your drinking enough water, and the dizziness doesnt go away I would eat something. But your body might just be going through its final stages of ketosis. I personally would go lay down, and try to take a nap. You feel better when you wake up.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I was not dizzy but I certainly was cranky and drained by day 3. I would give it a day or so and see if it subsides, may be the start of an inner ear infection or some kind of bug but if it persists go the to doc for sure.

bako71

I'd suggest eat more especially fat

Naomi Most

Hey guys i went back to my fat boi nature for a week after a 2 month CNS without much problems, but i decided to start CNS again. I'm on my 5th day of the prep phase and I started feeling dizzy since I woke up. Everytime I stand up i feel light headed and have to hold on to something for a few seconds. Could this be caused by the ketosis?The didnt happen to me on my first prep phase 2 months ago im not sure why this is happening now. :-

Many things are possible.  It could be the switch to ketosis.  It's possible that your first prep phase wasn't actually totally successful, and this is actually the first time you've totally switched to using ketones for fuel.It could also be a lack of potassium (coupled with excess sodium... so reducing sodium a little and increasing potassium would be the right move to make).You could also try supplementing with L-Glutamine, which has reportedly helped people through rough patches of ultra-low-carb dieting.

Newfiedan
    Participant

Interesting, I have not heard of using L glutamine for that purpose, more to help muscle recovery but either way interesting info.

Richard Schmitt

When I'm doing ultra low carb, I'm finding out that later in the day I get tired real quick, especially when I'm laying down not really doing anything. I slowly get out of it and then sleepy tired

Naomi Most

Interesting, I have not heard of using L glutamine for that purpose, more to help muscle recovery but either way interesting info.

That was a tip I got from Dave Asprey a few weeks back, so I haven't tried it.  These days switching to ketone metabolism is a total nonevent for me, I've done it so many times, so I doubt I'll ever get the chance to try the L-glutamine idea.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

light headed and dizziness

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?