losing bodyfat?

• This topic has 6 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

mTOR
    Keymaster

i bought both carb-nite and back-loading and i sort of liked the ide of back-loading better. i understand that you can lose a lot of fat with strenght accumulation when youre using back-loading, does someone in here have good resaults with strenght accumulation?

Cropsy

Hi,I've been backloading sine July 19th (I keep a log) and have definitely lost body fat, but, I must admit, I was also losing strength, particularly on my bench press for a long while. But... I finally realized I was doing it wrong (backloading with 'healthy' low to medium gi carb sources such as wholewheat bread and oats etc). I have been backloading with the sugary 'bad' carbs since and have finally seen an increase in strength.Hope that helps...Good luck,Cropsy

mTOR

thank you for your reply. just one more Q. is it enough with carbs in the PW shake or not? i think its not, but since i want to lose fat fast, ill thought it was worth a try?

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

It definitely is not enough with carbs in the PWO shake only. You need a backload later to refill your glycogen stores.

Cropsy

Seconded! Lots of carbs; all that sugary sweetness that will send you to happy slumber land:-) The only drawback is the night sweats. Dear God…

honestjbone

Dead of winter And I sleep with the covers off sometimes lol

Richard Schmitt

Seconded! Lots of carbs; all that sugary sweetness that will send you to happy slumber land:-) The only drawback is the night sweats. Dear God...

Either I'm not taking in a lot of carbs, or what, but I haven't had night sweats in a long time, or a good night sleep.

Naomi Most

Seconded! Lots of carbs; all that sugary sweetness that will send you to happy slumber land:-) The only drawback is the night sweats. Dear God...

Me too. Worse even than when I was pregnant.BigTex, I wouldn't worry about night sweats going away -- especially (as I just read in your log) that you're adding more HIIT to your day.  You're USING those carbs.

Naomi Most

i bought both carb-nite and back-loading and i sort of liked the ide of back-loading better. i understand that you can lose a lot of fat with strenght accumulation when youre using back-loading, does someone in here have good resaults with strenght accumulation?

I do!  And I'm a girl, even!  😀I actually busted through my fat-loss plateau coming from Carb Nite onto CBL (strength accumulation).  I was stuck at 20% bodyfat for a good 2-3 months. Very frustrating.  Switch to CBL and started working out a lot harder, was down to 19% within a month. And that's eating far more calories.So for me, I really needed to build more muscle mass than I could have during Carb Nite.If your top goal far and away is fat loss, then Carb Nite is your diet. Pair it with Shockwave Protocol for best results.  But you can always switch to CBL if you hit a plateau with Carb Nite or decide you ought to build more muscle mass.

Richard Schmitt

BigTex, I wouldn't worry about night sweats going away -- especially (as I just read in your log) that you're adding more HIIT to your day.  You're USING those carbs.

Seriously?? That's the reason why I don't get nightly sweats, and still hungry even AFTER eating a ton of food for dinner???????? D=

mTOR

Thanks Naomi. i i know i should do CN but i just love carbs… rice,pasta, white bread, and a lot more… so i want to be able to eat carb more than once a week if you understand. btw i have started with shockwave and i like it a lot  🙂

Naomi Most

Thanks Naomi. i i know i should do CN but i just love carbs... rice,pasta, white bread, and a lot more... so i want to be able to eat carb more than once a week if you understand. btw i have started with shockwave and i like it a lot  🙂

Carbs are tasty and you want to eat them more?  I don't understand that at all!  😀

mTOR

Naomi, do you use shockwave? i have another Q for you. i think i should do some cardio right? i want to do HIT, saves me a lot of time. But is it enough to do it once a week or should i do it 3 times a week?

Naomi Most

Naomi, do you use shockwave?

Nope. I would like to, but the time commitment is too big for me right now.  Heavy lifting for me happens 2x a week, and I do rock climbing 2x a week on average.

i have another Q for you. i think i should do some cardio right? i want to do HIT, saves me a lot of time. But is it enough to do it once a week or should i do it 3 times a week?

There's no minimum amount to help you out.  Just scale as you see fit.You don't have to do any cardio at all on this program, however.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

losing bodyfat?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?