Low carber looking for sustainability

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

John Lackey
    Participant

I have been trying ketogenic for a while but after a while, I feel compelled to stop because it is too restrictive and fat loss stops. Carb nite seems to be the answer. My question is, Can I use a standard Ketogenic diet instead of Keifer’s Lower calorie lower fat regiment.

Richard Schmitt

You could but it all depends if you have a related conditioning needing to be ketogenic or overly obese. From there you’ll need to structure your macros accordingly. The podcast with Dr. Rocky Patel might provide some more assistance with that.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

I have been trying ketogenic for a while but after a while, I feel compelled to stop because it is too restrictive and fat loss stops. Carb nite seems to be the answer. My question is, Can I use a standard Ketogenic diet instead of Keifer’s Lower calorie lower fat regiment.

Hi John,

The standard answer around here, when folks are asking about a ketogenic diet, is that it is only for people who are sick and/or obese. Anyone who has actually done much *research* about the ketogenic diet (which I have, and I’m assuming you have) — well, we know that that is certainly not the case. There are MANY benefits of a ketogenic diet for overall health and wellness, level energy and mood throughout the day, etc.

If you are looking for an answer to this question approved by Kiefer himself, you will not find it here. We’ve all been waiting for updated versions of Carb Nite and Carb Backloading… which never come. I had a lot of questions when I first came here a year ago, and I was just getting into the research about keto. Jimmy Moore’s book Keto Clarity is a great source of info, as are many keto websites — but this website is not one of them.

The best answer I can give you is: Try it and see what happens. In fact, that is the best you are going to get from anyone here. We are ALL doing our own n=1 experiments. You just gotta try it and see how it goes.

Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Low carber looking for sustainability

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?