Making Progress

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sckiely
    Participant

Some sort of progress has to be made each time you walk into the gym! However you should be focusing on a variety of measuring tools for this! The most obvious is adding weight or getting more reps! So many people get so focused on these 2 things that they do not realise they have other things to measure!If you cut time off your rest periods and still complete the same amount of work, then you have gotten stronger! If you complete the same amount of total work in less timethan before you have progressed! Focus on a variety of performance markers!Something i use for my clients is completing a prescribed training program until being able to add weight! SLOWS! Then i focus on cutting the rest periods down for a couple of weeks, then i focus on adding reps with the weight! Then we focus on speed of movement etcMy big point here forall members ofthe forum is if you are doing a GOOD program and progress slows,don't alter the whole thing, just change a few areas of how you complete the program! Inevitably programs need to change,but ones that work don't need tochange much to contrinue to work! Sort out your goal match it to your program choice and dosome hard work!I hope this helps some of you!  😀

robhally

Good post. You make a good point with completing the same work in a shorter period of time. For some reason that aspect of progression always seems to be overlooked by a lot of people, myself included. I guess there is more of a sense of gratification in being able to add weight or reps each week, but I may try your suggestions with future training sessions. Thanks for the post.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Making Progress

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?