Martin Rooney’s Training For Warriors

• This topic has 2 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

zewski

Anyone heard of it, used it, or have an opinion on it?I bought the book a while back when I was wrestling in high school and haven't read it since. However, I'm getting back into MMA and thought I might read over it again. Rooney's a pretty smart guy and has worked with some top level guys so I'm guessing it can't be that bad (besides the nutrition rx's).

sckiely
    Participant

The programs are fun and bring some variety to training. I use variations a lot with my clients, particularly the hurricane workouts. So if you ate speaking about conditioning definitely use the book.I actually just bought his new one as well "Warrior Cardio" good book but I still feel training for warriors was better.He is definitely a smart coach, if you follow his YouTube stuff he trains his clients in a very smart manner, heavy weights etc. he also does have some of the best conditioned fighters.

zewski

Thanks for the reply Skiely!It's always reassuring when you support something I'm interested in. Off-topic, do you train any athletes? Or do you strictly focus on health/aesthetics?

sckiely
    Participant

I have trained rugby teams, plus individual players, I train a couple of fighters, four triathletes, a bunch of Australian football players and a bunch of recreational athletes from various sports.However at present I have moved away from that as the YMCA is supporting me in creating a program aimed specifically at diabetics and older people. They are also providing me the backing and support to start a high school strength and conditioning program which is sadly missing from schools here in Australia almost completely.So at present the athletes I am training are 13-18 year olds from a whole range of sports and also kids that want to strength train AS sport. So much different to adults. My mums recent death from a diabetes induced heart attack has given me a mental shift into how I want to help people. Not just aesthetics but wholly on performance, for the people who need it most, older, younger and sick people.I still train my regular clients too though just not any new ones for a while.

zewski

Nothing like a big even in your life to make you reassess your priorities. Good luck on your new endeavors. I can tell just through the passion in your posts that you're going to be a big success!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Martin Rooney’s Training For Warriors

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?