Medial Deltoids…bleh

• This topic has 9 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author

David Margittai
    Participant

Ouch. Do you think that was worth it?

Well that would definitely differ from person to person, but if you asked him, I bet you he would say it was well worth it. If you've ever listened to the guy talk or watched him (a la "Blood and Guts") you'd be able to put together what he was all about. He was a complete balls-to-the-wall beast back in his day. He wanted to be the best and for a long time he WAS the best. People still look at him today and say "damn, I wanna be like THAT guy".

Tomahawk

I tried to get notifications on this thread but it wont let me. So I guess I have to post.A lot of interesting posts in here. Might be trying some of these techniques out. I have a thick torso, but always feel like my shoulders are lacking. They just never seem to have that big look and pop.

Ouch. Do you think that was worth it?

😉Google Dorian Yates, Fairy.  He is a legend.  I am inspired by the man.  His workouts are things of legend.  If I can find a link to his video "Blood & Guts" online, I will share it.  It covers his entire week's worth of workouts, and the intensity, the grainy truthfulness of the video... it just puts you in a zone to train like a monster just watching it.  Sorta like "Pumping Iron".If Dorian felt that final title was worth a go, then I believe it was.  I do think he made the right decision retiring afterward... b/c his days of training like he did were over.He still runs his gym in Birmingham, UK... "Temple Gym".  People make pilgrimages to train with him.Cory

Fairy

He does look amazing. Intact triceps are worth more to me though.

I agree, which is why I train smart.Dorian was smart with form, rest, etc., however, he was so intense, that it took a toll on his body...A lot of guys claim "intensity", but Dorian mustered a level of intensity that most men can get to even if they whole-heartedly try.  He was intensity personified.Anyhow... Dorian ended up with injury after injury, on top of injury.  It was just a matter of time, really.  Most feel that if he had been a little less intense, he might've ended up being one of the longest reigning Olympias, some estimate up to 9-10 crownings!Cory

hack_attack
    Participant

So for the past two weeks, I have added in some more volume for lateral delts. On back days, I go full-on Mountain Dog style and rock them destroyer sets (and holy hell is that name appropriate) for my rear delts. The extra volume has really helped, and I am starting to see serious improvement, especially in the rear delts. I guess I just needed to show them who is boss. Thank you all for the help and the article links. Gotta love the supportive community!-Kyle

So for the past two weeks, I have added in some more volume for lateral delts. On back days, I go full-on Mountain Dog style and rock them destroyer sets (and holy hell is that name appropriate) for my rear delts. The extra volume has really helped, and I am starting to see serious improvement, especially in the rear delts. I guess I just needed to show them who is boss. Thank you all for the help and the article links. Gotta love the supportive community!-Kyle

Some bodyparts are stubborn, so they need a serious kick in the ass to grow.  Branch Warren (Arnold Classic champ) and Phil Heath (2-time and current Mr. Olympia) both were not the widest guys, and both had stubborn deltoids.  That didn't stop them!  They found a way.Cory

TokyoLifter

Some bodyparts are stubborn, so they need a serious kick in the ass to grow.  Branch Warren (Arnold Classic champ) and Phil Heath (2-time and current Mr. Olympia) both were not the widest guys, and both had stubborn deltoids.  That didn't stop them! They found a way.Cory

Well, not to open any can of worms here, but I wonder how much of that was training related....

Some bodyparts are stubborn, so they need a serious kick in the ass to grow.  Branch Warren (Arnold Classic champ) and Phil Heath (2-time and current Mr. Olympia) both were not the widest guys, and both had stubborn deltoids.  That didn't stop them! They found a way.Cory

Well, not to open any can of worms here, but I wonder how much of that was training related....

They do what they need to do.  I judge no one.The deltoids are known for having a LARGE amount of androgen receptors, if you get my drift.  On certain 'supplements', they just blow up.Cory

TokyoLifter

They do what they need to do.  I judge no one.The deltoids are known for having a LARGE amount of androgen receptors, if you get my drift.  On certain 'supplements', they just blow up.Cory

True, same here.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Medial Deltoids…bleh

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?