mental fatigue

• This topic has 4 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jeremiah
    Keymaster

After the first week of CBL I've had a good deal of mental lethargy mid morning. I'll have coffee with 1TBS of coconut oil first thing in the morning and then a eggs w/sausage 2 hours later. About an hour or so after my first solid meal I feel all kinds of loopy. My job has me on my feet and moving all day, so I thought about having an additional coffee with coconut oil. I didn't know if anyone has had a similar experiance. I have CBL ebook and it gives a recommedation on the amount of MCT's in the morning shake, but what amount of coconut oil that would be?

Richard Schmitt

Coconut Oil, depending on what you have, is about 8-9g of MCTs. It does get better over time by not having carbs first thing in the morning, I was the same way at first, now I get loopy and irritated when I do have my first meal at noon, granted my stomach hurts because I'm real hungry, but feel great when I'm “starved” or “fasted” during training. Though like I said, it does get better over time.

Jeremiah

I've been using Tropical traditions gold coconut oil. I added a second TBSP and it seemed to help, so I'll run with it.

I've been using Tropical traditions gold coconut oil. I added a second TBSP and it seemed to help, so I'll run with it.

Glad that helped because I was just about to suggest the same thing. MCT's seem the be the best way to fuel the mind in the morning. The whipping cream just seems to sustain where the MCT's really spark the fire.

Naomi Most

After the first week of CBL I've had a good deal of mental lethargy mid morning. I'll have coffee with 1TBS of coconut oil first thing in the morning and then a eggs w/sausage 2 hours later. About an hour or so after my first solid meal I feel all kinds of loopy. My job has me on my feet and moving all day, so I thought about having an additional coffee with coconut oil. I didn't know if anyone has had a similar experiance. I have CBL ebook and it gives a recommedation on the amount of MCT's in the morning shake, but what amount of coconut oil that would be?

Did you go through the full intro period -- 9 days ultra-low-carb with your first back-load on the 10th day?

Jeremiah

I didn't do the 9 days ultra-low carb. You could say that I lack the mental fortitude to forgo 9 days of ultra-low carb. I have tried low carb in the past and failed miserably. I get all kinds of loopy and can't think straight to safe my life. But since then I have been able to tailor CBL to work for me.  On an average day I will have eggs w/cheese, bacon and coffee with 1TBPS of coconut oil for breakfast. Eating a solid meal has defiantly made a difference in how I feel physically and mentally throughout the rest of the day. In spite of these changes I have been able to lose 9 LBS and steadily increase my lifts.

presamat

I strongly recommend pushing through as far as you can. After 9 days of ULC (keto) you will have adjusted. Also it sounds like your fat ratio is wayyy too low. I found the more fats I eat the better I feel physically and mentally. The biggest difference was the addition of bacon… to everything. I eat it now with practically all my meals. We tend to overestimate how much fat we are really getting. Try the “bulletproof coffee” recipe that can be found online. Really hit the fat hard in the morning to get you through the day. I tend to do a taper… higher fat in the earlier meals gradually reducing towards the evening. Also try adding in some psyllium husk to the bullet proof coffee. I found the combination of the high fat/caffeine and fiber tend to give me longer lasting energy throughout the day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

mental fatigue

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?