MONSTER ENERGY

• This topic has 7 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Big_R
    Participant

I found that ABSOLUTE ZERO MOSTER that comes in the purple can has “erithyritol” if that's how it's spelled and “inositol” added in the ingredients… whereas the LOW-CARB MONSTER in the blue can only has “inositol.”  I drink them sometimes and thought i would see if anyone could provide insight..personally i went with the LO-CARB because i figured 3g sugar vs. unknown amounts of chemicals ending in "ol" was better.

IOWA.PharmD

Common use as a “cutting” agentInositol has been used as an adulterant (or cutting agent) in many illegal drugs, such as cocaine, methamphetamine, and sometimes heroin.[citation needed] It is presumed that this use is connected with one or more of the substance's properties of solubility, powdery texture, or reduced sweetness (50%) as compared with more common sugars.(above from wikipedia)That is why they call it Monster.....

Naomi Most

The nutrition label should give you the amount of “sugar alcohols” present in the drink.  Both erythritol and inositol are problematic for ketogenesis.  You should find out how much is in those drinks before making the assumption that they're okay.  And Kiefer would say just cut them out completely.

Big_R
    Participant

The nutrition label should give you the amount of "sugar alcohols" present in the drink.  Both erythritol and inositol are problematic for ketogenesis.  You should find out how much is in those drinks before making the assumption that they're okay.  And Kiefer would say just cut them out completely.

just to be clear, the CNS eBook i'm using said 3 usable carbs (the low-carb monster).  While i'm still getting awesome results i don't want to hamper them, but rather be optimal.  i like coffee so i can always go back to that. Occasionally,  i do the zero-carb RockStar, which doesn't have either of the above ingreadients or sugar alcohols listed (does say maltodextrin though).  with 240mg of caffeine, i was wondering if the caffeine would suppress the effects EVEN IF it did have a few hidden carbs.    srry for such a long response

Brian M Eckstrom
    Participant

The nutrition label should give you the amount of "sugar alcohols" present in the drink.  Both erythritol and inositol are problematic for ketogenesis.  You should find out how much is in those drinks before making the assumption that they're okay.  And Kiefer would say just cut them out completely.

just to be clear, the CNS eBook i'm using said 3 usable carbs (the low-carb monster).  While i'm still getting awesome results i don't want to hamper them, but rather be optimal.  i like coffee so i can always go back to that. Occasionally,  i do the zero-carb RockStar, which doesn't have either of the above ingreadients or sugar alcohols listed (does say maltodextrin though).  with 240mg of caffeine, i was wondering if the caffeine would suppress the effects EVEN IF it did have a few hidden carbs.    srry for such a long response

i just picked up some rockstar pure zero's, and they have 50mg of inositol per can. i know -ol's are something to avoid (sans erythritol) but i'm sure 50mg is fine. it'd be different if it were like 6g or something. i say this to say that i'm sure the monsters are fine. plus, they're listed in the back of CNS.

Richard Schmitt

The Pure Zeros, Absolute Zeros, Ultra Zeros are amazing and completely fine. Those with a higher body fat or going to compete should limit these. Also Spike is another great one.

cloudybrain
    Participant

Yeh I started getting crazy with these. It's impossible not to finish the entire can, which always comes in 2 servings. Talking about 70mg of caffeine per serving, along with my intake of coffee, splenda, and coconut oil. I've gotten pretty addicted to it, taking it every morning and what nod. I've noticed some weight gain while abusing the stuff, drinking it every weekday – my day job can be very demanding.I'm going to be going cold turkey with this stuff, I'm very disappointed in myself for how I was handling these cans. Basically, I was drinking it for some of the fat burning substances found in it, with it's vitamin B supplements and L-Carnitine.I'm gonna check out the results by the end of the week to see if I lost any weight by being off of any sucralose or erythritol.

Rookie

Just buy some Jack3d and drink that for energy.I fucken love Jack3d as a form of energy drink and I should buy more.Pre workout powder <$40 (around 50 servings)24 pack of water <$4Average price turns out to be around $1 per serving as opposed to the $2-3-4 per can.  Or if you are my wife and drink a 4 pack of 8oz Redbull Total Zero then you're up for ~$6.50 if you buy them from Walmart.

Brian M Eckstrom
    Participant

Just buy some Jack3d and drink that for energy.I fucken love Jack3d as a form of energy drink and I should buy more.Pre workout powder <$40 (around 50 servings)24 pack of water <$4Average price turns out to be around $1 per serving as opposed to the $2-3-4 per can.  Or if you are my wife and drink a 4 pack of 8oz Redbull Total Zero then you're up for ~$6.50 if you buy them from Walmart.

lol for some reason its more socially acceptable to drink energy drinks. i'm not really a fan of social acceptance though. i get so many looks when i whip out some kielbasa out of my backpack in the law library here haha. i'd ask you about the caffeine and carb content of jack3d, but then i'd just be another one of those lazy forum people. good idea thanks, i'll check that out

Big_R
    Participant

lol for some reason its more socially acceptable to drink energy drinks. i'm not really a fan of social acceptance though. i get so many looks when i whip out some kielbasa out of my backpack in the law library here haha. i'd ask you about the caffeine and carb content of jack3d, but then i'd just be another one of those lazy forum people. good idea thanks, i'll check that out

LMAO@ whipping out he keilbasa at the library 

Rookie

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/jack3d-advanced.html#box-nutritionTheres 100g caffeine per 5g serving and doesnt mention carb content.Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Calcium Silicate, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MONSTER ENERGY

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?