Morning Training with HIIT & Nutrition

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nathan A Richmond
    Participant

Question – If you’re doing morning training only do you do your HIIT session followed by weight training if there is no time for another time during the day – i.e. it all has to be done in the morning. Or is this not recommended? Normally I space out cardio from weight training but I am considering going to an AM only routine.

Second Question – for morning training what is the recommended pre-training nutrition if any? Pre-workout with some Leucine? Then you still save your carbs for later in the evening correct?

Travis C

Brad Schoenfeld has done some studies looking at the physiological effect on cardio, resistance training and timing between the two. Ideally, you should space the two out with about six hours between the sessions. If this is not convenient, it’s best to complete your resistance training first then your cardio after.

As for your second question, this is answered in CBL and has its own dedicated chapter. Check the book.

JDM

It has been suggested in a Kiefer article that there is a perfect window for resistance training up to an hour after HIIT.

I would suggest only black coffee for morning pre workout nutrition, but again there is a chapter related to this.

paul harris
    Participant

JK mentioned on a podcast that the type of training you do second will more than likely trigger/affect the results, so if lean mass and muscle is your goal, I would always do cardio/hit first, then resistance train in that case.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Morning Training with HIIT & Nutrition

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?