Muscle Feast

• This topic has 8 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

TheRev
    Keymaster

Some of you may have seen me plug these guys before, but I wanted to start a topic just so I could get my whole schpeel out. Like most weight lifters, I bought supplements from the standard companies e.g. Optimum Nutrition, Gaspari, BSN, etc. I bought them because they were the only companies I knew of. I started getting frustrated, though, when I didn't see the results that were 'guaranteed'. I became further disillusioned when I found out that these companies were in no way regulated. They could basically put any claim they wanted on the label. Even the contents themselves were suspect. If they put in 10g of protein per serving, but put 24g per serving ON THE LABEL, they could! But, what else could I do? By dumb luck, I ended up finding the answer while Google searching for a maltodextrin supplement. Enter Muscle Feast. Their products are natural, they're high quality, and they're sold at wholesale prices. There's no catch. Try them and see. Their protein powder is very digestible, something I had a problem with with other brands. Also, other than fish oil, they sell every supplement advocated in CBL. I am NOT a representative for Muscle Feast. I'm not an employee or a family member of one. I just wish someone had told me about them years ago. Hopefully I can save you guys some money and turn you on to some high quality products.http://www.musclefeast.com

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I bought stuff from muscle feast before.  They have very good stuff.  They have raised there prices in the past two years though, so now I just buy Protein Factory supplements

TheRev

Yeah, the price of whey has been going up, and it's trickled down to the consumer. It's still fairly cheap compared to other companies prices. I've never gotten anything from Protein Factory. Are they any good?

Richard Schmitt

I was looking on their Hydrolyzed whey and was hoping it was zero carbs, but the amount in carbs is higher than their isolate? Prices are great don't get me wrong, just trying to stick to no carb protein, kinda the reason why I stick with Dymatize ISO 100. But planning on trying PF.com stuff if those are zero carb. Blend H is the go-to protein right?

Tomahawk

I was looking on their Hydrolyzed whey and was hoping it was zero carbs, but the amount in carbs is higher than their isolate? Prices are great don't get me wrong, just trying to stick to no carb protein, kinda the reason why I stick with Dymatize ISO 100. But planning on trying PF.com stuff if those are zero carb. Blend H is the go-to protein right?

Ya I loved the ISO 100. Used to get it from Orbit Nutrition for SUPER cheap. Now it is just too expensive. Which flavor do you use?

Richard Schmitt

I stick to vanilla, but I have tried Smooth Banana and Cookies 'n Cream. (sucker for mint anything and/or cookies 'n cream). The reason for vanilla just a go-to blend that tastes great and works. I use different flavors for Elite Whey Isolate to mix for baking and to make a lactose intolerant milk. (Fusion-7  will be a new thing to use for baking and milk!)

Tomahawk

I stick to vanilla, but I have tried Smooth Banana and Cookies 'n Cream. (sucker for mint anything and/or cookies 'n cream). The reason for vanilla just a go-to blend that tastes great and works. I use different flavors for Elite Whey Isolate to mix for baking and to make a lactose intolerant milk. (Fusion-7  will be a new thing to use for baking and milk!)

If you get another tub I HIGHLY suggest the berry. It tastes great to me, but Idk how well it would mix with other things. Vanilla and chocolate are definitely the most versitile flavors.

Richard Schmitt

Berry in the ISO 100? Mhmm well I have about a little more than half of vanilla (5lb) tub, I will keep that in mind! Thanks! Do you like the other Dymatize proteins?

Tomahawk

Berry in the ISO 100? Mhmm well I have about a little more than half of vanilla (5lb) tub, I will keep that in mind! Thanks! Do you like the other Dymatize proteins?

Not a problem. A friend of mine suggest it to me. It was super cheap at the time. That is honestly the only Dymatize protein I have tried. Keep in mind the Fusion 7 has 100mg of caffeine per scoop.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I have heard before that ISO 100 contains very little hydrolyzed whey.  Don't have any proof, but it is suspicous because it is so cheap.

Richard Schmitt

D= Seriously?…I've been using this stuff for a LONG time too…gah. Probably going to have to convince myself into buying 5lbs worth (like the ISO Tub) of Blend H to last me a while…it's difficult to find good proteins these days…I like isolate to make a lactose-intolerant milk (with dextrose for CN), and to use it for baking stuff. And I need a hyrdolyzed/hydrolsyate whey for PWO Shakes…thus why I use Dymatize, being gluten and lactose-free.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Ibobland, where did you get that info from?  I use it too.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Like I said I have no proof, it's just what I've heard around the web.  I do find it suspicous though because it is so cheap and I believe it does not the average molecular weight, distribution of molecular weights, and degree of hydrolysis.  The problem is that most commercial hydrolysates do not list this info.  Protein Factory and True Nutrition do.  For info on these metrics look here.  http://proteinfactory.com/articlespf/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98:hydrolyzed-whey-protein-a-their-friend-the-peptide&catid=6:nutrition&Itemid=7The only way to determine this for ISO 100 is through a lab.  If you have any other info, I'd like to know.Finally for Big Tex, think about cost/benefit.  Do you really think shelling out the extra dollars for some PF hydrolyzed whey is worth it?  For most people I would argue no.  Read a recent Kiefer interview.  He pretty says as long as you have regular whey, leucine, and dextrose, you are fine.  Read that here:  http://www.seanhyson.com/blog/carb-backloading-qa-part-ii.  Kiefer said he is just squeezing out as much as he can out of the diet. 

Tomahawk

It is great to have so many people here helping each other out. Makes it easier to find out the right info too.

Richard Schmitt

Like I said I have no proof, it's just what I've heard around the web.  I do find it suspicous though because it is so cheap and I believe it does not the average molecular weight, distribution of molecular weights, and degree of hydrolysis.  The problem is that most commercial hydrolysates do not list this info.  Protein Factory and True Nutrition do.  For info on these metrics look here.  http://proteinfactory.com/articlespf/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98:hydrolyzed-whey-protein-a-their-friend-the-peptide&catid=6:nutrition&Itemid=7The only way to determine this for ISO 100 is through a lab.  If you have any other info, I'd like to know.Finally for Big Tex, think about cost/benefit.  Do you really think shelling out the extra dollars for some PF hydrolyzed whey is worth it?  For most people I would argue no.  Read a recent Kiefer interview.  He pretty says as long as you have regular whey, leucine, and dextrose, you are fine.  Read that here:  http://www.seanhyson.com/blog/carb-backloading-qa-part-ii.  Kiefer said he is just squeezing out as much as he can out of the diet.

Alright thank you for clearing that up, makes me feel better!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Muscle Feast

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?