Muscle Pharm Combat Powder

• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sipock98

Costco has a pretty decent deal on a 5lb tub of this. I've used it before, but wanted everyone's thoughts on it since its a blend.

I bought the tub at my costco as well. If you want a protein complex then go for it. I wouldn't recommend taking it in the morning but post workout is fine.

CBachelor17

Its a concentrate based blend, so IMO its not really deal for PWO nutrition. More for meal replacement. Plus the “24g” per serving are counted by the Whey protein AND the added aminos, so it probably something in the range of 15-20 complete grams per serving.

Its a concentrate based blend, so IMO its not really deal for PWO nutrition. More for meal replacement. Plus the "24g" per serving are counted by the Whey protein AND the added aminos, so it probably something in the range of 15-20 complete grams per serving.

You mean in terms of concentrate being absorbed slower and closer to a whole food protein source? Sure pure Isolate or Hydroslate would be better options if, you are looking for a faster absorbing protein. However, those also cost a lot more/pound. Cheap is Cheap so if your not looking to throw out the 60+ bucks it would cost for 5lbs of pure Isolate I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be fine for a shake during a backload.

Gnomer
    Participant

I prefer concentrate/isolate blend.. i usually won't go for ones with added aminos though.. concentrate has useful compunds that are removed when processed to isolate so i prefer to have a blend.. also it's generally cheaper since it requires less processing so win/win

David M Pope
    Participant

There was a thread around here a while back talking about the benefits of concentrate (or a concentrate blend) over pure isolate.  If, like cgrims is advocating, cheap is your bag it should be fine.  Honestly, not getting wrapped up in the minutiae of which type of whey absorbs the quickest or the most advantageously (word?  whatev!) is moot in relation to overall diet and training.My $0.02 - should work fine.

https://one.body.io/forums/topic/inchxinch-b2b-log-were-in-hell-gentlemen/

CBachelor17

I am referring to absorption rate and nitrogen value of real protein in that blend. I don't know here you normally shop but I find that isolate and hydrolyzed whey (per serving) ends up costing me either less or pennies more

I am referring to absorption rate and nitrogen value of real protein in that blend. I don't know here you normally shop but I find that isolate and hydrolyzed whey (per serving) ends up costing me either less or pennies more

Really?? Thats pretty awesome. Any recommendations on places where I can find deals like that? Costco/Sam's Club or BOGOs online are normally where I will pick up supplements. I use a TN custom mix for my morning protein in the shake but don't mind the extra price since I only use 1/2 a scoop.I have several old friends from school in different states that go to supplement warehouses and get pretty solid deals. I don't have anything like that around me though.

CBachelor17

Nutraplanet.com and gnc are the only two places I buy supplements from. Occasionally amazon but I have never got protein there

Gnomer
    Participant

Nutraplanet.com and gnc are the only two places I buy supplements from. Occasionally amazon but I have never got protein there

what hydro are you buying that isn't a good deal more money than an average concentrate/isolate blend?

CBachelor17

I cycle between three different proteins, depending on sale prices really. Two are Isolate/Hydrolyzed blends, and one is is pure Hydrolyzed. Iso-100, Nitro-Tech, and Wheybolic 60, sometimes Ill grab Cellucor's (old blend not the new black cont.) when its BOGO 50%. 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Muscle Pharm Combat Powder

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?