My Customized PWO Mix

• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tzanghi
    Participant

I went out on limb and made my own PWO formula based upon the criteria Kiefer laid out in the book.  The mix is 50% Whey Isolate, 25% Hydrolyzed Whey, 25% Hydrolyzed Casein all from True Nutrition.  I read elsewhere that people doubted the taste of a 50/50 isolate/hydrolysate mix, but it's really not bad.  This was even after I mixed a single scoop with some leucine and creatine.  I did a regular dose of the Cookies 'N Cream, and it masks it fine.  The Cookies 'N Cream flavor is not all that good(I may have expected a bit much), but if you choose a flavor better, I'm sure it'll be fine.  As for the results, I really don't have any yet.  I will post here if I notice a difference.

maxwkw

I'm surprised it tastes good. I would assume with that mix it would be awful. But I guess if you like it, keep at it. I get the stuff separately and mix it all individually mainly because I use different mixtures at different times.

tzanghi
    Participant

I'm surprised it tastes good. I would assume with that mix it would be awful. But I guess if you like it, keep at it. I get the stuff separately and mix it all individually mainly because I use different mixtures at different times.

Yea I'm not gonna start craving it for dessert anytime soon, but given what people have said about hydrolysates and my recent run in with pure leucine( 😮 ), it's not bad.I currently do a mixing thing to just to get rid of all the proteins I bought before I read CBL, but it gets annoying going to 4 different containers and getting powder everywhere.  Might I ask what you're using different mixtures for?  The only thing I could think of is for CNS you would want an insulinotropic mix during Carb Nite and pure isolates for ULC.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

My Customized PWO Mix

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?