My introduction

• This topic has 4 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

calebsmitty

Hey everyone.  First day on the forums.  Just thought I would give you some background info on me.  I'm a 33 year old football and baseball coach from Texas.  I suffered a back injury when I was 24 that sidelined me from serious training for 6+ years.  I have been back at it for about 2 years now relearning and reteaching my body.  I was on a strength and size phase where I gained roughly 30 pounds and got up to 250 pounds.  My strength was great but I didn't feel good about carrying so much weight.  I heard about Keifer and Carbnite from Elite FTS and decided to give his book and diet a shot.  I started CarbNite in August of this year at the beginning of football season and continued through October and lost 35 pounds.  I was sold.  I have been patiently waiting on the Carb Backloading Book and devouring Keifers articles. 

Naomi Most

Sounds good.  Yeah I'll bet your spine's a lot happier for carrying less “dead weight” around! Glad to have you here, hope you stick around a while!

Richard Schmitt

Whoo another member from Texas! Glad to have you here sir, and congrats on the results you've gotten so far! Keep up the great work!

calebsmitty

Yeah.  I finally had surgery to repair the herniated disc in my L5.  But I feel much better at a leaner 220 than a very heavy 250. 

Good boards always have people from Texas… One I was on (when I lived in dallas) we used to meet up every few months and train together. It was bad ass. Great to have you on... and glad to hear you are repairing and rebuilding your body after such an injury.

calebsmitty

Thanks Junkie.  Unfortunately Texas is so big it is hard to meet up.  I live in South Texas and very few people know much about strength and conditioning let alone Elite FTS, T Nation, Dangerously Hardcore.  So if anyone from South Texas is on here I would be surprised.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

My introduction

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?