My wife is upset with me. She gained wait and size!

• This topic has 7 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Kaprice

I talked my wife into dropping her alkaline/PH Miracle style eating and join me in CNS.We dabbled for a couple of weeks, but started in earnest on 7/5, just 2 days ago. I took the 4th entirely off. But, she treated it as a carb nite -- she didn't eat carbs until 4.Anyway, she scowled at me, this morning, and told me she's gained wait and added size to her butt and waist.I told her it takes time for the body to adjust and she's not ready to quit, but can anyone give me something I can tell her to reassure her?

Did she do a full prep phase? Some stats like food, training if she does, foods she ate on carb night will help.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I talked my wife into dropping her alkaline/PH Miracle style eating and join me in CNS.We dabbled for a couple of weeks, but started in earnest on 7/5, just 2 days ago. I took the 4th entirely off. But, she treated it as a carb nite -- she didn't eat carbs until 4.Anyway, she scowled at me, this morning, and told me she's gained wait and added size to her butt and waist.I told her it takes time for the body to adjust and she's not ready to quit, but can anyone give me something I can tell her to reassure her?

She should read my first post on my log, there's a link to my freak out. I put on 6-7 pounds and contemplated quitting. Towards the end you can see that all worked out great (July 1st/2nd log). I'd say stick with it.

Kaprice

Did she do a full prep phase? Some stats like food, training if she does, foods she ate on carb night will help.

As I said, we dabbled with the prep phase, but we officially started the prep phase on 7/5.

Kaprice

She should read my first post on my log, there's a link to my freak out. I put on 6-7 pounds and contemplated quitting. Towards the end you can see that all worked out great (July 1st/2nd log). I'd say stick with it.

Unfortunately, your log appears to be in the protected section for owners of the book. I am an owner, but have been unable to get access to those forum topics.Would you be willing to summarize your freakout and the end results you got for my wife?

Well if she had a carb night without doing the prep phase she might of gained some.Most likely most of it is water weight and maybe some bloat from the foods she used if she has intolerance's. Tell her not to freak out and don't use the scale, maybe get in it once every 4 weeks.

zewski

Yea not sure how she can complain if she didn't do the prep phase.Besides if she had a carb nite on the fourth its only been three days, she might still be holding some water.

Kiefer
    Participant

Succinctly: pulling off a Carb Nite without the 10 day prep phase is an excellent way to lay down a nice new layer of body fat. Return to square 1, do the prep phase, and don't use the term "Carb Nite" as an excuse to pig out on a holiday if you're not actually doing Carb Nite: in the book I say something to the effect of, "You're either 100% on The Carb Nite Solution, or you shouldn't do it at all." I made that statement to help people avoid these kinds of pitfalls.If she follows the book from here-on-out everything will be fine. And also, everyone does something askew when starting Carb Nite. Just be glad it happened right away and wasn't something that continued for months before you mentioned it.P.S.: The CBL logs are for CBL owners, not Carb Nite owners...the Carb Nite forums are free to everyone.

Kaprice

Yea not sure how she can complain if she didn't do the prep phase.

I take it you're not married!  😉

Kaprice

Succinctly: pulling off a Carb Nite without the 10 day prep phase is an excellent way to lay down a nice new layer of body fat.

Thanks, Kiefer!To clarify, while it wasn't a true prep phase, it was close, which is why my wife wanted to limit her eating to carb nite. But, we both had already agreed we wanted to start the prep the right way on the 5th. And, once we knew we were going to restart the prep phase, I decided to enjoy the entire 4th, where she decided to just do a carb nite.Our pseudo prep phase consisted of a 5 day liquid cleanse. Nothing but alkaline drinks. On the 6th day, we had subway sandwhiches and movie snacks. The next day, my wife agreed to do CNS. We decided to continue as if we'd been on prep through the 4th. But, on the 3rd, we decided we had varied enough from the plan that we needed to restart the prep on the 5th.Anyway, Keifer, I love and appreciate your posts and clarifications.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I've got to get better at paying attention to who is on CNS and who is doing CBL. Below are my changes I posted a few days ago. It may not pertain to your wife because she's doing CNS but here they are anyhow:Weight: 163 ----> 161 give or take 2 poundsWaist: 30.5 ----> 29.5Hips: 37.2 ----> 36.5Thigh: 24 ----> 23.5Bicep: 13 ----> 13My freak-out log was just exactly that. I put on weight initially but I started without a prep-phase. It did all come off. I did a prep-phase/CNS a week ago on my vacation and lost 5-6 pounds. Most came back but as you can see while the weight didn't change much the numbers are shifting.

pshannon

Succinctly: pulling off a Carb Nite without the 10 day prep phase is an excellent way to lay down a nice new layer of body fat.

Thanks, Kiefer!To clarify, while it wasn't a true prep phase, it was close, which is why my wife wanted to limit her eating to carb nite. But, we both had already agreed we wanted to start the prep the right way on the 5th. And, once we knew we were going to restart the prep phase, I decided to enjoy the entire 4th, where she decided to just do a carb nite.Our pseudo prep phase consisted of a 5 day liquid cleanse. Nothing but alkaline drinks. On the 6th day, we had subway sandwhiches and movie snacks. The next day, my wife agreed to do CNS. We decided to continue as if we'd been on prep through the 4th. But, on the 3rd, we decided we had varied enough from the plan that we needed to restart the prep on the 5th.Anyway, Keifer, I love and appreciate your posts and clarifications.

Yeah thats not even close to a proper Prep. Start it right, its about making your body use another fuel source, and you "pseudo" prep was really just the V diet to lose a lot of weight. The book is a good investment.

Kaprice

The book is a good investment.

Not sure if that was an indication that you don't think I have the book, or not, but to clarify -- yes, I have the book and I've read it.And, also to clarify, my wife and I came to the same conclusion about the prep phase. That's why we decided to restart on the 5th. The only difference is she felt there'd be some benefit to treating the 4th as a carb night where I decided to take it off since we were resetting the next day, anyway.

Damon Amato
    Participant

a good lesson learned then: doing the prep phase incorrectly makes having a carb nite a pretty bad idea.  Dunno why she's upset with you, she clearly did not follow the guidelines and then ate a ton of carbs.  What did she expect would happen?

Kaprice

She wasn't really upset. She was mock scolding me and I thought it would be fun to post it, here.She was truly a bit alarmed at gaining weight and size, but fully understands we've just begun.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

My wife is upset with me. She gained wait and size!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?