Naomi, I need some assisstance please!!!!

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dsmith6_6
    Keymaster

Alright, so I need some help. Naomi, I put your name in the subject line as I have been reading a lot of your postpartumpunk blog as well as your advice all over this forum and find myself attracting towards it (thats certainly not to say that I do no value any and all opinions/advice, I just need some female input as well, some good input.) So help, all!I'll just get right down to it. So I've read the book 1.5 times (still currently reading the other .5) and began the prep phase last tuesday, the day after Memorial day, I'm currently on the 6th day. Now i think this might have been my first mistake, beginning the prep phase after memorial day weekend where I ate and drank myself carb silly. I put on a bunch of water weight after that weekend, though I don't care about the numbers on scales and stuff, I do care that I might just be losing the water weight from that weekend (146) and not weight from my original weight at 139. So I guess my first question is 1.) should I have waited to start my prep phase until my body regulated back to normal? or will this prep phase I'm on take care of everything just fine? (assuming I'm doing it correctly which is my next question.)So the prep phase is a bit up in the air at the moment. In other words, I don't think I am doing right. The first three days were fine as I was adjusting to eating low carb so my body wasn't feeling super deprived yet. So being a 21 yr old female at 5'6, I lift extremely heavy (failing around 4-6 reps), do prowler challenges, and sprints. I work out 3-4x a week and the past two days I have found myself super hungry in the evening. Is it from my strenuous workout? I couldn't take being hungry Friday night so I went for half a jar of almond butter to avoid binging on carbs. The next day (yesterday) went on as normal, I was a bit sore anf finally the hunger demons caught up with me last night. I was so hungry, I just couldn't feel satsifed. So I went for macadamia nuts and some more almond butter. I ended up finisihing the last half of almond butter and a whole cup of macadamia nuts. I was freaking out a little bit because I felt as though I ruined my prep phase with the carbs contained in the almond butter plus the 30 I ate during the days meals. So that's the second question, 2.) Do I need to restart the prep phase after my rampage on lots of fats and almond butter? Or is it okay to eat until I'm satiated? I don't want to feel deprived and I don't think that is the intention either. I just feel so hungry in the evenings lately, so I'm wondering if it is indeed my workouts. My protein intake is rather high for the norm that I read on here. I see that 1g per pound of bodyweight is the way I should have it, but I've been eating more than that at 180+. Should I scale that down? I'm also wondering about this heavy whipping cream dealio too. I've been unsure about using it, so I've been doing a tbls of coconut oil in my coffee. My hunger takes over at about 12-1 and sometimes I have to eat later than I want because of work. Should I have the whipping cream AND the coconut oil, or one or the other? I'm trying the whipping cream right now, to see what happens, but I'd like to know if I should do both. I think that's all for now, I'm sure I'll have more! Oh Naomi, did you ever make that ultra low carb chicken pot pie recipe!!? It sounds delicious. I bought the ingredients. If you made it, how did yours turn out? Any tips for making mine?I appreciate any and all input, comments, and advice. Thank you all. I really want this work.

Naomi Most

Noted, be back to read this later, ok?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Naomi, I need some assisstance please!!!!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?