Need Advice on how to handle work trip

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MICHAEL G MCINTYRE
    Participant

Hi, I have been on CNS since April 27, with very good success so far. I have lost 30 lbs of body fat so far and have not had any real plateaus yet. My concern is that next week, I have to go on an overseas work trip for 2 weeks. There will be social events and other limitations which will prevent me from staying ULC at night. I shouldn’t have a problem staying ULC mornings and afternoons.

I am still significantly overweight – current BF is 35% – well above the BF% generally recommended for CBL. My question is: would it be beneficial to shift to CBL for these 2 weeks vs simply doing my best to eat as low carb as possible, knowing it will be difficult to impossible at night? I haven’t been lifting much on CNS, save for my Carb Nites.

My minimum goal would be to do no harm, and hopefully to lose a little BF and/or build muscle while there. I would reorient when I return and jump back on CNS. Thoughts?

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Great progress so far! For your work trip, have you looked into the vacation protocol? You could try that, and that might help a little bit.
    Also, I just wouldn’t stress over it. Do your best eating ULC until the evening, and just eat like a normal person would (not saying we’re not normal here but I think you know what I mean). As long as you’re not stuffing yourself silly every night, you’ll be fine. I’ve heard instances where people have actually lost some more weight by just delaying carbs until the evening.
    Just enjoy the social time you’ll get to have, too much stress is not good either.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

MICHAEL G MCINTYRE
    Participant

Hi yre764 and thank you for the sound advice. I am afraid of ruining what I’ve done so far, but I think you are right that doing my best to eat right and not stressing too much is the ticket. Stress just leads to cortisol production anyway. 🙂 I have glanced at the vacation protocol. I’ll dive into it a bit more and see How I can incorporate some hard liquor into the mix. Thanks again and have a great night!

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Two weeks won’t ruin anything, as long as you don’t make the effort to ruin it 🙂 The hard liquor part isn’t a requirement, just so you know. It’s just kind of an added “bonus” where you CAN get away with drinking those things for several nights 😉
    Have a great trip!

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

MICHAEL G MCINTYRE
    Participant

I think I will indulge in the hard liquor for the first 5 days or so. 🙂 I haven’t had a drink since March, so I will likely be a lightweight. I’ll take it easy though. Thanks for the well wishes on the trip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need Advice on how to handle work trip

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?