Need Help Here..!

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Filipa Carreira
    Participant

Hi
    Well im a female, 68 Kg and last time i have checked i was at 30% body fat. I hope i lose some by now..
    Im going to do my 6th carb nite tomorrow but i dont lose any weight since i started CN.
    I exercice 2-3 days in a week, just 20-30 min. I do IF for 12h and my macros are 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs. I usualy eat no more than 1800, most of the days i stick with 1400-1500.
    In my Carb nites i try to start with low fat (rice, chicken..) and then i go dirtier. I usually eat 280-350 carbs. Is that too much?
    The day after CN i feel well, a little bloat but just that, i might gain 1,5-2Kg but i lose it during the week. The problem is: I am always at the same weight that i start the CN. What i am doing wrong?
    I have no cravings during the week. i feel like i eating to much because im not losing, but i eat just until i feel satisfy..

Penny Danner
    Participant

How many grams of protein/fat are you eating a day? I would try to hit 1g of protein per kg of bodyweight and try 0.65g per kg for fat. You may be eating too much on the 1800 days. Also You may want to try to keep your carbs on CN around 300 for awhile. How many fat grams do you usually eat on CN? That is where it got me. It is carb nite, not fat night; so I had to learn to make better choices “What do I want most” and figure from there.

Filipa Carreira
    Participant

I am eating about 100-120g of fat, 70-90g of protein and 5-15g carbs.
    Maybe im eating to much fat?

On CN i am eating 90-100g of fat. I usually start with bread or rice, pasta, chicken, beans, and then eat some sweets, like mug cake and 2 cookies for example.
    Maybe i will try keep the carbs under the 300.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Hi. Try swapping the amount of protein and fat you’re consuming. 120 grams of protein and maybe start with 100 grams of fat. Even with carbs, that should be around 1500 kcal, which is actually pretty low. I would recommend creating a deficit through increasing activity if possible (walking or biking for 30~45 minutes a few times a week is a good start).

It could also be something that you’re eating that your body isn’t handling well, which can cause inflammation/bloat and prevent/mask the fat loss (like I know some people react to dairy products). So you could take out a type of food that MIGHT be giving you trouble for a few weeks and assess.

I’m assuming you’re having a Carb Nite every 7 days?

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Filipa Carreira
    Participant

Im just afraid of that much of protein would be too much for me. I heard Kiefer say in a podcast, that maybe lower the protein consumption will get better results. I feel full with what im having now..

I dont eat cheese, only butter and heavy cream. I will try put the heavy cream away and see if something changes. Could seeds and nuts do that too?

Yes, every 7 days i have a Carb Nite

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

If you feel full, then don’t go out of your way to increase how much you eat. I was making that suggestion because you originally said you’ve been stuck for 6 weeks with higher fat lower protein approach. It’s not that difficult either, if you’re full but short on protein, just drink a protein shake before bed or something. It’s your call though.

Nuts and seeds could be a culprit too, I’ve heard instances where things started moving when they removed nuts and seeds. While those aren’t necessarily “bad” in moderation, the type of fats you get from those aren’t the most ideal either. A serving or two is fine, but the majority of your food should be based around meat, fish, and eggs for protein+fats. Leaner meat/fish can be cooked with butter or coconut oil.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Filipa Carreira
    Participant

Ok 🙂
    This week i will increase my protein and lower the fat intake to what you said.

Also remove the heavy cream at least for this week and try to see if anthing changes

Thanks for the replys! 🙂

Richard Schmitt

Hey Filipa, if you would like some personalized coaching, feel free to contact a Body IO coach at: coaching@body.io. They’ll help you out a lot!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need Help Here..!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?