Need to do this!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jarvo
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m Jarvo, 39, 6ft 4in male, based in the UK. Currently weighing about 135Kg. A year or so ago I managed to lose significant weight following the Fit2Fat2Fit website. On a simple level it seems to follow the ideas of CBL that it uses low carb, and focusses on high protein and fats. However after lots of personal issues, the weight came back, and worse. My work has now changed too, and I’m no longer home based where I could strictly control what I’m eating. I now live 4 nights a week in a hotel, where breakfast and dinner are provided. Lunch is with colleagues in the restaurant in the office.

I’ve previously been a follower of Dangerously Hardcore, and also understand the principles behind CBL.

I’m currently on a cocktail of different medication:

esomeprazole – For gastro reflux. About 18 years.
    Thyroxine – 300 micrograms a day – down from 350 mcg. It seems my Thyroid really wasn’t working at all well!
    Losartan Potassium – High Blood pressure (a side effect of the thyroid)
    Amlodipine – To assist the High Blood Pressure medication … and I understand from the nurse that it helps prevent Kidney issues.
    Metformin – Because if my Thyroid wasn’t bad enough, it had to progress to Type2 Diabetes! The nurse told me she saw this progression far too frequently.
    Sertraline – Anti-Depressant.

My goals are to get to a stage where my eating lifestyle is far better, and I’m losing weight (and body fat) as a consequence. Following on from the initial weight loss, I want to decrease my dependency upon medication, where as many as possible are totally gone.

In the hotel I have access to the gym, and whilst previously I’ve used indoor rowing machine, and also have a mountain bike, I also can use the free weights. I’d quite happily tone up, but doing endless cardio is not my idea of fun!! (Unless it’s throwing myself down a muddy hill on my bike!).

I guess I wanted to understand the differences between CBL and CarbNite. I realise that one is slamming in carbs for the golden hour post workout, and the other is one night per week of carbs. But for someone such as myself which would be the best approach?

How should I structure my day? Being recently diagnosed with Type2 Diabetes, I need to get good control of my sugar. It tends to be high all night, all day, until mid afternoon when it dips.

Any and all advice most welcome … thank you 🙂

Robert Haas
    Participant

Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor just someone who has some experience with folks with these issues. IMO: I’d talk to your doctor about replacing Thyroxine with armour thyroid which is a natural desiccated thyroid med with a better balance of T3/T4. It also has other natural ingredients that will help with side effects. This will probably eliminate the need for the Losartan Potassium. Even though some potassium from natural food sources is a good thing. If you doctor doesn’t agree you really need to get a second opinion from a doctor that doesn’t have his hands in the pockets of big pharma.
    CBL as written would be good except for the sweet stuff. Eating strictly cleaner carbs, in moderation, and only at night after resistance training should help because you really do need to watch the blood glucose levels. Getting inflammation and insulin resistance under control should be top priority. Once that happens things will start to move in the right direction.
    The CBL book has good tips on staying low carb during the day and nutrient timing with fats & moderate protein along with some intermittent fasting which should help out allot in taking control.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need to do this!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?