New Article on Women Running on DH.com

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

EStone
    Participant

Wow Kiefer has certainly stirred up the hornet's nest with this new article.  I read the original article on EFS.  It had some very “spirited” debate as well.  Any time this topic of running/cardio comes up, it seems like it gets sent around the 'net very quickly and the running community flocks to it and posts all kinds of comments.  In reading through some of the comments, I'm not sure that many of them actually read the article.  As a trainer, I face this all the time that women think they need to do tons of cardio for weight loss.  In reality, some cardio intervals and resistance training are what they need.  That, and as many of us know here, it is DIET that is most important in seeing individual actually loss weight (or more importantly fat).

hack_attack
    Participant

I notice a lot of people basically calling Keifer a misogynist pig because of some of the terms he uses. I honestly think he may have done it on purpose because he has that dry humor about him.

Richard Schmitt

Just goes to show how many close-minded individuals are out there.

hack_attack
    Participant

Well what really bugs me is that people don't seem to want to read into things. “Why women should not run” suddenly elicits the response of “OH WELL WHAT ABOUT CYCLING” or “WHAT ABOUT HIIT?!?!? THOUGHT THAT WAS GOOD?!” Keifer and I write in very similar ways, and so I can practically feel his hands on his face when he reads some of these. "Run" in this case means steady state cardio for extended periods of time. I don't see why people choose to nitpick at wording in such a way. It's like saying someone doesn't know what they are talking about because they pronounced the word "brachioradialis" as "brachioa-dialis" and not "brachio-radialis." Does Keifer know everything? No, of course not, but he spent more than a decade of his life in the books learning as much as he could, and it shows. Yet people choose to nitpick like crazy. Idk. Also, people get REAAAALLLY hostile and personal on the internet....

Richard Schmitt

Exactly, I read it all before commenting on anything that is written. I too get frustrated at the nitpicking these people are doing. Though I did not write or put any effort in the article, I still get irritated. Is it that difficult to not be childish and maybe broaden their mindset a bit? I mean hell I did with the folks doing CrossFit for example. Even with the face-palming, I find it quite humorous at the attacking posts everyone is making.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Article on Women Running on DH.com

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?