non Carb Nite meal questions

• This topic has 8 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

kvndai
    Keymaster

What fast food restaurants do you recommend are ok for non carb nite nights?I am a college student who is often in class or in the library and do not have the time and means to cook and prepare meals. I often go to walmart and buy cold items such as deli turkey and deli ham, but other than that I cannot prepare meals.I was thinking somewhere like Subway (eat the insides throw away the bread), or Chipotle (customize your bowl), etc. Do you guys have any suggestions?

IOWA.PharmD

1) Jimmy John's “Unwich” (my favorite)2) Chipotle burrito bowl sans rice3) Basically any sandwich place and don't eat the bun!

kvndai

The unwich looks amazing… I think im going to go get that today lolAbout the burrito bowl, do beans count as carbs?

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

Beans do have a bit of usable carbs in them, along with a lot of fiber.

Karin O’Sullivan
    Participant

Jimmie Johns unwich is great. Also subway does salads so no need to even get the bread to throw away.

lerouquin

Thank you for posting this! I was about to ask the same thing, as I'm craving a little bit more variety and because of the unpredictability of my job, I'm not always able to prepare my meals ahead of time. As for beans, I was under the impression that they are something that should be avoided, as it can be easy to overeat them (at least for me). Looking at Chipotle's nutritional information (http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutritional_information/nutritional_information.aspx), it looks like their black beans (especially a double helping if you're not getting rice - like I sometimes do) could push you dangerously close to the 30 carb limit. I am happy to see, though, that guacamole is not off limits for me and that most of their salsas look to be OK. For some reason, I thought tomatoes were not a good idea on low-carb days. Am I wrong here?

Damon Amato
    Participant

if you go to Chipotle, get the salad with (insert any meat here), cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and a small amount of the fajita veggies.  Nothing else should go in there, especially not black beans.

zewski

Holy hell! I had no idea JJ's had the unwich option! Thanks for this! I know where I'm ordering take-out from now  ;D

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

if you go to Chipotle, get the salad with (insert any meat here), cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and a small amount of the fajita veggies.  Nothing else should go in there, especially not black beans.

+1  see this pagehttp://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?topic=799.msg7567#msg7567

lerouquin

Thank you for the quick response! DMunnee — yours was especially helpful. 🙂

IOWA.PharmD

Jimmy John's unwich is heaven. It's a little awkward when I go with my gf and she gets the full on sandwich and I get the unwich….

bako71

Chipolte is a healthier choice and it originated here in Colorado!http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/fwi/fwi.aspxWhen I eat out will eat a lot of salads with steak or chicken and of course with added avocado,  cheese and bacon.

lerouquin

Thanks again for this. This is exactly what I had for lunch today and it was great! +1

Damon Amato
    Participant

No way!  I had that for lunch today too. ---I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3xq4xw

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

non Carb Nite meal questions

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?