Not feeling sore?

• This topic has 6 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Lauren Norfleet
    Participant

I started back on CN and back on SWP (Ripped) about a week ago and my friend is doing the program with me, but she's just going gluten free, not doing low carb/CN. We've only been doing this (round) for about a week and a half, but we never really seem to feel that sore or sore at all the next day. Anybody have any thoughts on that? Should we be upping the weights or something? I tell her to basically go with what she feels like her max is that day (and ramp down to get the starting point for the ELECT PSR moves) but she never seems to be sore the next day. I am sometimes but not a lot. On one hand, I know the program is designed to not kill yourself, but I feel like we're not doing it right if we're not at least a little sore. But I also don't want to push her to the point of injury or anything, and I can see that she's genuinely working hard on the last parts of the sets so I don't think she's "phoning it in". Any insight would be appreciated. I know we've only been doing this for like a week but I want to correct anything we may be doing wrong early on.

Richard Schmitt

You're not striving to feel sore. You're striving to continuously up the weight and getting stronger. It's a good thing.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Does it feel like you are working hard?  If it does not, I would just ditch the PSR sets.  I was never a big fan of them to be honest.

Gl;itch.e

Does it feel like you are working hard?  If it does not, I would just ditch the PSR sets.  I was never a big fan of them to be honest.

Aint they part of the warm up though? Ive never used the shockwave as a program but have tried PSR sets for a quick warm up. Seems to work really well for that on isolation exercises.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Aint they part of the warm up though? Ive never used the shockwave as a program but have tried PSR sets for a quick warm up. Seems to work really well for that on isolation exercises.

No they are actually the centerpiece of the program.  I agree with you though, they work well on single joint exercises and especially machines/cables.  They do not work well on multijoint barbell exercises.

Lauren Norfleet
    Participant

I do find that I'm getting stronger, but she doesn't seem to be improving consistently. I can't quite decide if that's because I've done this before and she hasn't (so I know what I'm going for, and am past the “experimentation phase” if you will) or if she's not pushing herself enough. We train at Planet Fitness- I'll wait til you're done groaning/eye rolling  😉 because that's where she has a membership and I get to tag along for free. So the PSR sets on everything but the barbell stuff is really convenient and I actually like it because it's easy to change out the weights.Leg day is a challenge, because they don't actually have free barbells, they have smith machines-I refuse to do squats on those- and these preweighted bars that go up to 60 lbs.  I did tell her that if we outgrew their "barbells" that we'd move leg day to my house where I have real weights and actual barbells so we can still work. I'll give it a little time, yesterday we decided that she should set a goal to improve her numbers on at least two of the exercises each week. I'm hoping that will give her a target to shoot for so she's more inclined to be focusing on strength gains.Thanks for your help guys! (nice to see some familiar names still on here after a year, makes me feel better haha) 

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

From what it sounds like, your friend doesn't really understand the PSR sets.  I don't feel they are appropriate for beginners.  Stick with regular sets for her.

Richard Schmitt

I agree, from what I can remember and if you're into track numbers before hitting the weights the PSR Sets go as such in these percentage order: 30%, 50%, 60%, 70%, 77.7% By then you can increase it from there if you wanted to go heavier.

Nancy
    Participant

<

sore! Feels good and not killing myself it's called pushing myself Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n@s

Gloria Garber
    Participant

How is the program working out for you now? I'm doing the same shockwave and CNS plan as you and was curious how it was working out for you now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not feeling sore?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?