Not skipping breakfast if CBL DB?

• This topic has 6 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tom Singleton
    Participant

If I'm already of a fairly low bf % (10-12%) and I'm following CBL density bulking would I actually benefit from not skipping breakfast so I can start getting calories/energy in straight away?

Richard Schmitt

You do know that following DB you do have a breakfast correct? Calories remember are not tracked like you should be looking at macro ratios.

TCB
    Participant

The difference between SA and DB is basically how much you're eating, not necessarily how many carbs you're eating. So if you're doing SA and delaying breakfast, an easy way to get more food in when you switch to DB is to keep the same food template, but just add in breakfast. Protein/Fat, obviously. So yeah, eat breakfast for maximum muscle gain potential.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Eat breakfast.  I think it's actually very important if you are on DB.  It definitely helps me put on size.

Gnomer
    Participant

i'd play around with it.. i really haven't noticed a difference between having breakfast and not as long as my later day food quantity was kept higher..

Liftbig

Eat breakfast, if you want and you are hungry. There are 2 choices here: 1) Eat breakfast , 2) Increase the portion of your food.

Tom Singleton
    Participant

Big tex I did not know this, I have read the book many times but it just states that it's best to avoid it on general.  Thanks for the opinions, definitely backs up my thoughts on it. Breakfast it is!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Big tex I did not know this, I have read the book many times but it just states that it's best to avoid it on general.  Thanks for the opinions, definitely backs up my thoughts on it. Breakfast it is!

from page 124 in CBL:

Skipping food until the afternoon can accelerate fat loss during a Strength Accumulation protocol, but not for Density Bulking. Gaining muscle requires creating a strong and persistent anabolic state which in turn requires food.For Density Bulking, it’s best to drink the magic concoction first thing in the morning an hour before breakfast, which is the subject of the next chapter.

Tom Singleton
    Participant

from page 124 in CBL:

Skipping food until the afternoon can accelerate fat loss during a Strength Accumulation protocol, but not for Density Bulking. Gaining muscle requires creating a strong and persistent anabolic state which in turn requires food.For Density Bulking, it’s best to drink the magic concoction first thing in the morning an hour before breakfast, which is the subject of the next chapter.

Ahhh brilliant, good find. Thanks ibob

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not skipping breakfast if CBL DB?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?