number of ELECT sets/different split

• This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gmarceau

I was looking through the Shockwave Protocol eBook and I'm wondering a few things about ELECT sets:Are you only supposed to do 1 ELECT set per exercise? If you take the ELECT set to failure, can you do an ELECT set with a different exercise or are all ELECT sets terminated once reaching failure?Regarding workout split:I do a Poliquin style 3 way split, but I work opposing muscle groups each workout i.e. chest/back, biceps/triceps/ legs- working a bodypart once every five days. Does this make it unnecessary to do the undulating periodization set?  Can I continue this split while incorporating shockwave techniques or is it better to train a bodypart once a week?Thanks

AciD

I was looking through the Shockwave Protocol eBook and I'm wondering a few things about ELECT sets:Are you only supposed to do 1 ELECT set per exercise? If you take the ELECT set to failure, can you do an ELECT set with a different exercise or are all ELECT sets terminated once reaching failure?Regarding workout split:I do a Poliquin style 3 way split, but I work opposing muscle groups each workout i.e. chest/back, biceps/triceps/ legs- working a bodypart once every five days. Does this make it unnecessary to do the undulating periodization set?  Can I continue this split while incorporating shockwave techniques or is it better to train a bodypart once a week?Thanks

Well I'm not sure if I get the ELECT ideology, however I don't think you should take elect to failure.

Naomi Most

Well I'm not sure if I get the ELECT ideology, however I don't think you should take elect to failure.

Correct.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

number of ELECT sets/different split

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?