Numerous off days between Lifts

• This topic has 4 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Chase102798

Naomi or anyone else, Naomi mentioned that she only lifts twice a week in another thread and I decided to move my question out of that one since it was probably disrespectful to redirect the other gentleman's thread like that. My question to Naomi or anyone else is does anyone have any experience with 2 workouts a week and what you are doing on your multiple days between as far as your backloading diet? I know there was mention of this in the book but I wasn't sure. Are you guys/gals still backloading on all your off days or going no-carb on certain ones? Thanks.

acarnovale

Naomi or anyone else, Naomi mentioned that she only lifts twice a week in another thread and I decided to move my question out of that one since it was probably disrespectful to redirect the other gentleman's thread like that. My question to Naomi or anyone else is does anyone have any experience with 2 workouts a week and what you are doing on your multiple days between as far as your backloading diet? I know there was mention of this in the book but I wasn't sure. Are you guys/gals still backloading on all your off days or going no-carb on certain ones? Thanks.

Hi Chase102798,I currently train two times a week using Jim Wendler's 5/3/1. Since I'm following strength accumulation I stay under 30g of carbs on the days I do not train and then back-load on the days I do. If you were density bulking you could probably get away with another back-load or two wrapped around your training days but someone much more well versed in this would need to clairfy that particular point.Good Luck!

Chase102798

Do you backload on your day before you would work out or do you go 30g carbs on that day too?

Kris1501

The answers are in the book………….

Newfiedan
    Participant

For multiple days off (more than 2) You can do a minor backload the day before your workout if desired but ultimately you will not know unless you try it yourself. I train 2 to 3 times per week and I did try backloading by about 25-30% of my normal backload and that helped me with energy during the workout with no negative side effects that I could notice, he states that in the book as well.

tww0711

I train MWF, so on sunday night I usually have a bowl of cereal before bed to give me just enough to feel yoked in the next days lift.  I originally did a full blown CBL on sunday night and found that it stagnated fat loss, but with the small CBL (bowl of cereal) I did not notice any negative sides.  If I start feeling really beat up I just eat everything I can Sunday nights and it seems like I wake up leaner, but this is only when I am feeling really beat up and depleted.  Just an FYI this works pretty well for me but I am naturally fairly lean (prob bout 12-14% BF) and I am at about %10 right now without really dialing in all the extras (supplements).

Chase102798

I train MWF, so on sunday night I usually have a bowl of cereal before bed to give me just enough to feel yoked in the next days lift.  I originally did a full blown CBL on sunday night and found that it stagnated fat loss, but with the small CBL (bowl of cereal) I did not notice any negative sides.  If I start feeling really beat up I just eat everything I can Sunday nights and it seems like I wake up leaner, but this is only when I am feeling really beat up and depleted.  Just an FYI this works pretty well for me but I am naturally fairly lean (prob bout 12-14% BF) and I am at about %10 right now without really dialing in all the extras (supplements).

Interesting. That was kind of what I was playing around with. I think maybe I go a little overboard when I don't need to on certain days. Thanks for sharing.

Naomi Most

Naomi or anyone else, Naomi mentioned that she only lifts twice a week in another thread and I decided to move my question out of that one since it was probably disrespectful to redirect the other gentleman's thread like that.

Good plan, thanks!

My question to Naomi or anyone else is does anyone have any experience with 2 workouts a week and what you are doing on your multiple days between as far as your backloading diet? I know there was mention of this in the book but I wasn't sure. Are you guys/gals still backloading on all your off days or going no-carb on certain ones? Thanks.

It really depends on your size and your body fat percentage.  I don't back-load EXCEPT on my 2 training days because I'm relatively "fat" (19%) and because a 132lb woman just doesn't have all that much lean mass to feed.However, if I feel like eating a cookie at night on an off-day, I feel perfectly within my rights to do (and I never gain fat).  🙂  The context there, however, is that I do some pretty intense biking around San Francisco as well as regular bouts of rock climbing (twice a week usually).  So even though those activities don't "count" for back-loading purposes, they do deplete a lot of glycogen, so I get away with eating "extra" carbs at night.You might want to track down Tanner (slyfox115 is his handle on the boards) and ask him for advice, since he only has time to train 2 hours a week (for 2 hours at a time)!

Chase102798

Thanks Naomi and Newf. I think that is where I need to adjust things on my off days, maybe need to dial back some. I haven't necessarily “lost” weight. Not that I really need to, I just want to make sure I'm doing things as prescribed. Everything else is going well. Good workouts and strength increase. I appreciate the personal experience from you guys. It kind of makes things from the book click for me when I hear how others manage certain situations.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Numerous off days between Lifts

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?