Old guy living new lifestyle

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

greenmark59
    Keymaster

I'm Mark and 53 years young. I started low testosterone treatments about 2 yrs ago (bi-weekly shots @home) and thought “hey no reason to waste this youthful feeling – start lifting again”.Started weight loss program right after Christmas 2011 and lost 31 lbs and went down to 185 lbs at 5' 5".Was already on a simple weight lifting program with high reps/low weight and used more for an aerobic exercise than to gain strength. Was also on a high protein (150 grams per day) and low carbs (70-80 grams/day) diet which works great for me.Switched to Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 program in March 2012 and I'm just finishing up my 3rd cycle. Trying to keep body fat under 16% (according to skin fold calipers) and gain some muscle, so started CBL about 1 month ago and it has worked really well for me. Gained 5 lbs of muscle since starting 5/3/1 and CBL.Current 1RM's: Squat 250 lbs, Shoulder Press 110 lbs, Bench Press 175 lbs, Dead Lift 210 lbs. Nothing to really brag about, but for just starting back into lifting after years and years being lazy and not really caring an awful lot, I feel pretty good with a goal to get into powerlift competitions a year or so down the road with 1ST BIG GOAL being 200/300/400/500 lbs lifts (shoulder press/bench press/squat/deadlift).Just finished a 5K walk with my wife and my 22 lb grandchild who sat the whole way in an aluminum frame backpack strapped to MY BACK. A great conditioning exercise - at least for me.

Richard Schmitt

Welcome to DH sir! Looking forward to seeing you reach your goals with these programs!Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Old guy living new lifestyle

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?