Olympic weightlifting

• This topic has 3 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Who_killed_it
    Keymaster

Anyone have any experience with oly lifting on carb back-loading? Powerlifting even?How did maintaining weight class go?

sckiely
    Participant

It is easy to maintain weight on, mainly as it is so adjustable. If something feels off change it a bit and you will be back on track. I haven't had to compete yet though, but i have managed to maintain weight while losing BF. I have also managed to gain weight while losing BF! It isn't always perfect though.  >:(unfortunately we aren't robots that we can just allocate this or that fuel and always get the same outcome? we have to play by feel

xPINKx

I'm oly lifting and just started CBL, I'll keep you updated…

Who_killed_it

cool thanks guy 🙂

Sportspt

competitive powerlifter doing SA version of CBL. Weight dropping a little, strength is improving.

Who_killed_it

What do you guys eat before training?

xPINKx

I usually have eggs, bacon, veggies and nuts for lunch and then go train…Training during the CBL's preparation phase was okay, but not very much fun, I'm looking forward to actually back-loading  ;D

Sportspt

I eat lunch around 1130 which is usually meat, veggies fats, etc. I'll grab an energy drink about 30-45 mins before training. Train for 90-120 mins then backload.

Pistard

I'm a track cyclist following a powerlifting regimine on the texas method (aka Mark Rippetoe's plan).  Doing big three Squat, deads, powercleans, alternating deads and cleans with squats and presses each session.  Haven't had any problem.  The reorientation phase was weird and I felt aweful but lifting was OK.  Since then I've been steadily increasing my strength without any problems and actually been feeling pretty damn strong!  The track racing season starts in April and I can hardly wait to see how my strength is going to translate to speed on the track.  My bike trainer intervals and speed on the road so far based on power meter data have shown a huge increase so the protocol has not resulted in any reduction in power.  Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Olympic weightlifting

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?