Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Protein for CBL?

• This topic has 5 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Zahid Saddique
    Participant

Looking for a protein powder to order for when I start CBL (possibly this coming week depending on a possible neck injury coming on). I found a protein powder/weight gainer called Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass here…http://uk.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/sm.html (I'm based in the UK)It's discounted significantly and has 26g of protein and 125g of carbs per scoop and includes creatine and glutamine in it.I understand weight gainers are normally not recommended but I was wondering if this would be an ideal choice for kicking off CBL backloads? My weight sessions will be late nights so I wouldn't have many hours to get food down me so I figured this would be a big help.If it's a no no, just say it straight and I'll go for whey protein and dextrose powder separately, although I think this one works out cheaper considering the discount.Thanks!

No, just eat your carbs. Mass gainers suck.

Zahid Saddique
    Participant

Damn that was fast dude!! 🙂Ok got it weight gainers suck. I won't go there.How's this protein powder, BSN Syntha-6...http://uk.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/synth.htmlThanks!

Your best bet is just find a good whey protein with little to no carbs in it.

Zahid Saddique
    Participant

Oh, I thought the latter was a decent protein powder?Ok let me see check out previous recommendations on this forum.Do let me know if you have any.Thanks again!

Melvin McLain
    Participant

I thought actually getting to eat carbs was a major attraction… ;D

Zahid Saddique
    Participant

I thought actually getting to eat carbs was a major attraction... ;D

Lol! So true but my schedule will only give me a few hours... but I'm gona try my best! 😉

Zahid Saddique
    Participant

Your best bet is just find a good whey protein with little to no carbs in it.

Ok I'm gonna listen to you and get a straight forward protein powder! I've decided on the Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein which is nice and cheap too compared to some others...http://uk.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/elite.html🙂Now gotta get some carbs to add to it... dextrose, maltodextrin, etc... they're all the same right?

Richard Schmitt

That's what I use.

Zahid Saddique
    Participant

Awesome!!!Ordering the protein, creatine and dextrose right now!...

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

You're welcome to consume carbs via supplements, but you'd be better served by eating real food.  Plus real food tastes a hell of a lot better.Carb supplements however, are useful if you very little time to backload.

Zahid Saddique
    Participant

You're welcome to consume carbs via supplements, but you'd be better served by eating real food.  Plus real food tastes a hell of a lot better.Carb supplements however, are useful if you very little time to backload.

Thank you

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Protein for CBL?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?