Optimum Nutrition

• This topic has 6 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Wezforce
    Keymaster

Im a noobie with carb-back loading. I have bought and read the book, but still need a little guidance here and there with the supplements. This only have regards to the protein powders that include BCAAS( Leucine) .I understand that BCAAS and leucine spikes insulin, but i just want to know how these products influence carb-back loading.I know ON is expensive, but ive been using their protein powders all my years training in the gym.This is what im  taking:Upon wakingWhey isolate 10g- 10g ON HYDROWHEYcofee with coconut milkPre-trainingWhey isolate 10g- 10g ON Gold standard wheycofee with coconut milkCreatine 5gPost trainingON Hydrobuilder( Includes the creatine and leucine and the other amino acids.)ON Glyco maizeCaffiene 200mg-600mgIm currently at a 14% BF so, Im skipping the intra training shake for the moment and im following the strength accumulating variation for a few weeks. Is that correct? My goal is to get to 9% BF.Before bedI have ON Gold standard Cassien. I do realize that it doesnt make a difference to take cassien before bed, but i still have like 1kg of ON Gold standard Cassien left lol. Like i said im still new at carb back loading, any help will be appreciated.Thanx

Stephen Davis
    Participant

For the AM, I would not take hydrowhey.  Hydrolyzed proteins can spike insulin, so stick with WPI.  Also, 20G of any protein is too much.  Same for your pre-training.  I would cut it back to simply 10g of wpi and let it go.  I would add caffeine in here as well.  I take 600mg pre-training and 200mg post.  The rest looks good to me.Best of luck to you.

russell

It's interesting to me that you are taking protein, especially whey, upon waking, when Kiefer clearly states do not eat anything within 3-4 hours of waking, just coffee and heavy cream or coconut oil. Why are you doing this?

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

@russell: That's the AM-accelerator, and It's actually recommended upon waking if you're doing DB, or if it has been more than 12 hours since your last meal.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

One thing I noticed is that Kiefer rarely talks about Density Bulking.  So far I think it is best to follow the DB protocol excactly as is in the book and ignore all the other interviews and articles by Kiefer. 

Wezforce

Lol to be honest ive acually learned alot more since ive posted that.Just by reading all the posts on this forum.Anyways When i wake up i drink coffee with whip cream and coconut oil and then later ill have the AM Accelerator shake, before i have my first meal. Which is always more than 4 hours later.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Drop the whip cream . It wil spike insulin ! And def drop Hydrowhey before workout . Other than that it's all good .

umm, what?  Since when? 

Damon Amato
    Participant

Whip cream has sugar

I think you're thinking of half and half.  There is no sugar in heavy whipping cream.

Damon Amato
    Participant

heavy cream = whipping cream = heavy whipping cream.

MJC

from experience  glycomaize is not the best Waxy maize product for use post workout.  You want to use a waxy with as much pure amylopectin or whatever…  Ids, species, and I hear Dymatize make decent wms products for use post workout

barak

Has anyone tried including 1-2 ounces of wheat grass juice regularly to there CNS or CBL?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimum Nutrition

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?