Orange Theory Fitness

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dfoles14

Has anyone ever done Orange Theory Fitness? http://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/I am 250 lbs 37y/o female, and have been doing Carb Nite for about 8 weeks. I haven't been working out at all and I'm down 14 lbs total. I'm thinking about doing this Orange Theory and I wanted to see if anyone has done it? opinions? effectiveness with CNS and any tips? Any feedback would be great!

Spatz

Never heard of it. 🙂Thats wonderful you are down 14lbs! That's great success right there. If you don't workout and do not typically workout, I would not start with a lot. I would ease my way into it, starting with daily walks. (Speaking of which, I need to do that.. I've been slacking.) Then maybe adding in some lifting before your carb nite, and then maybe adding in different workouts and routines, and just honestly starting out slow. Don't throw your body into something it's not accustomed to. No matter how healthy working out, lifting, Interval training, moving is for you body, its a huge stressor if you just throw yourself in without giving it time to adjust to it. I'm saying this because my glance at the Orange Theory Fitness looked pretty heavy and fast paced. Just my 2cents.Anyhow. Glad to see the progress! 😀

Dfoles14

Thank you so much for your reply and your input! Have a great day!

TCB
    Participant

Never heard of it. 🙂Thats wonderful you are down 14lbs! That's great success right there. If you don't workout and do not typically workout, I would not start with a lot. I would ease my way into it, starting with daily walks. (Speaking of which, I need to do that.. I've been slacking.) Then maybe adding in some lifting before your carb nite, and then maybe adding in different workouts and routines, and just honestly starting out slow. Don't throw your body into something it's not accustomed to. No matter how healthy working out, lifting, Interval training, moving is for you body, its a huge stressor if you just throw yourself in without giving it time to adjust to it. I'm saying this because my glance at the Orange Theory Fitness looked pretty heavy and fast paced. Just my 2cents.Anyhow. Glad to see the progress! 😀

Agreed on all points..Seems like it's fairly excessive, with the exception of a day or three after your CN..A GREAT program is something that is a lot less "work" than something like that. Just lifting weights, and walking frequently, will provide excellent results. If you aren't comfortable with lifting weights, I'd use the money that you're willing to spend on the orange fitness on a good coach to guide your lifting technique 1-2x/wk. 🙂Also, fantastic progress!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Orange Theory Fitness

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?