Pause-Press?

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

AirPowered

Hey all.Working my way through SW, but can't seem to figure out the push-Press/pause-Press exercise...Example: When doing bench press, I have to go as heavy as possible, lower the BB slowly to the chest, wait 1-2 seconds and then explode up? And same for everything else.Thanks.

Richard Schmitt

The Push Press is different from the Overhead Press. You just go Max Effort on Level X

TCB
    Participant

Hey all.Working my way through SW, but can't seem to figure out the push-Press/pause-Press exercise...Example: When doing bench press, I have to go as heavy as possible, lower the BB slowly to the chest, wait 1-2 seconds and then explode up? And same for everything else.Thanks.

I think it's just telling you not to "rebound" the reps. So don't catch the weight while lowering it as you're on your dip down. Do a push press, return it to your shoulders, do a push press, etc.

imakillerr

I think you're supposed to dip, then pause, then push-press; repeat.

TCB
    Participant

I think you're supposed to dip, then pause, then push-press; repeat.

This is possible.. But based solely on the fact you're doing these on shoulder/tri day, I wouldn't think so.Pausing at the bottom of the dip would place a larger emphasis on the legs, not the shoulders. Also, that pause would limit the weights you could do by removing the stretch-reflex portion of the dip, and I think these are supposed to be pretty high intensity for the rep scheme.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pause-Press?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?