Perfect rep method

• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

AciD

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_muscle_anaconda/anaconda_protocol#3-8211-perfect-repIs that method effective for the purpose of carb backloading?Kiefer mentioned it in one of the articles.

Yep – this is what Kiefer refers to as ELECT and PSR in his Shockwave protocol. Download the free pdf from the site for more info.

AciD

Yes, but he mentions this as part of training. I am asking if using this method by itself will use full CBL potential.thanks

It's good for all diets/training programs. It is just a great method for full muscle recruitment

Kevin rogers
    Participant

Yes because the emphasis is on the concentric movement, but you will need to throw in some form of eccentric movement for hypertrophy. Just don't overdue it.If you have not seen CBL heavy duty hybrid split article Kiefer put out, it's on the main page of DH site, Heavy Duty in a PDF format.

AciD

Yes because the emphasis is on the concentric movement, but you will need to throw in some form of eccentric movement for hypertrophy. Just don't overdue it.If you have not seen CBL heavy duty hybrid split article Kiefer put out, it's on the main page of DH site, Heavy Duty in a PDF format.

But on the page that I pasted, it says it's great for hypertorphy too.And Kiefer's programs are good, but they are usually 5 or 4 day split, while I can only be at gym 3 times a week.Also I don't quite get all the eccentric and concentric movement. I mean - I know what it is, I just don't know which is better for CBL, which is for hypertorphy etc.I'd like to build up my chest - which is the way for me?

CaseyD

Best way? Lift heavy weights explosively and be consistent. Do that for 6 months to a year, then start adjust from there if needed.

AciD

Best way? Lift heavy weights explosively and be consistent. Do that for 6 months to a year, then start adjust from there if needed.

So explosive it is, thanks!I'd like to add- I'm no novice, I've been around gym for few years, however my cheest seemes to not have noticed that.

CaseyD

I don't consider myself a novice either, though still far from experienced. I used to “just lift” the weight, you know, not care too much about form, no tempo or anything. Recently (about the past 4-5 months), I've actually been consistent with this diet and lifting heavy ass weight explosively as possible. The gains I'm getting now are far above anything I've gotten over the past few years.So, as far as lifting goes, I pretty much try to throw the weight across the room with whatever lift I'm doing. Obviously, the weight you're using would be too heavy to accomplish this, but that's the mentality I keep. Ps - my chest lags too and it sucks lol. I've been doing Wendler's "5/3/1 3 month challenge" and that seems too be helping, but I'm still at the point where, really, everything is a weak point lol, so I try not to worry about it too much right now. Just lift things up and put them down 🙂

AciD

I don't consider myself a novice either, though still far from experienced. I used to "just lift" the weight, you know, not care too much about form, no tempo or anything. Recently (about the past 4-5 months), I've actually been consistent with this diet and lifting heavy ass weight explosively as possible. The gains I'm getting now are far above anything I've gotten over the past few years.So, as far as lifting goes, I pretty much try to throw the weight across the room with whatever lift I'm doing. Obviously, the weight you're using would be too heavy to accomplish this, but that's the mentality I keep. Ps - my chest lags too and it sucks lol. I've been doing Wendler's "5/3/1 3 month challenge" and that seems too be helping, but I'm still at the point where, really, everything is a weak point lol, so I try not to worry about it too much right now. Just lift things up and put them down 🙂

Awesome, man, thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Perfect rep method

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?