Periodization/Long term with Shockwave Protocol

• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bigtyer1

I'm just curious about what kind of periodization can we incorporate with shockwave protocol or shockwave heavy duty..? I will run shockwave heavy duty for a long time period so I want to know if there is some possibility to incorporate different rep sheme to favorise hypertrophy/muscle gain.Sorry for my english, I speak french normally..

I'm just curious about what kind of periodization can we incorporate with shockwave protocol or shockwave heavy duty..? I will run shockwave heavy duty for a long time period so I want to know if there is some possibility to incorporate different rep sheme to favorise hypertrophy/muscle gain.Sorry for my english, I speak french normally..

You could just run a periodization scheme (standard, reverse or undulating), there is no need to run just Shockwave.  Standard bodybuilding routines work on CBL and CNS (with some exceptions, like HIT - think "Heavy Duty" by Mike Mentzer).To be honest, I've never run any of the Shockwave routines... and I've had great results w/ 1 month of CBL in April, and the last 4 months that I've been on CNS to lean out.Cory

bigtyer1

Thanx for the answer.I started Heavy Duty CBL training this week.. And the most rep/scheme in this training is 10 reps.Is it a good idea to do it for 8 weeks like it's in the paper  and then continue exactly the same workouts with 4-6 reps for just 4 weeks?I remember in a book of Christian Thibaudeau, there was an explanation of block training.. And for bodybuilders, the periodization was something like that:8 weeks hypertrophy, 4 weeks strenght and repeat again..What are your thoughts about that?Because, some poeple say to stick to a program for a long time and some say that muscles adapt very quickly to a sort of training...

Thanx for the answer.I started Heavy Duty CBL training this week.. And the most rep/scheme in this training is 10 reps.Is it a good idea to do it for 8 weeks like it's in the paper  and then continue exactly the same workouts with 4-6 reps for just 4 weeks?I remember in a book of Christian Thibaudeau, there was an explanation of block training.. And for bodybuilders, the periodization was something like that:8 weeks hypertrophy, 4 weeks strenght and repeat again..What are your thoughts about that?Because, some poeple say to stick to a program for a long time and some say that muscles adapt very quickly to a sort of training...

The body does adapt.  It varies from person to person... for some, it may be 6-8 weeks... for me, I tend to change things up every 4.Periodization works, plain and simple.  It keeps the body guessing, and keeps things fresh.  It has been around for ages, and has proven itself with excellent results.I would also suggest you look into programs like Neil Hill's "Y3T" or Eric Broser's "Power/Rep-Range/Shock".  They both feature cyclical periodization type schemes, but with an added week of intensity techniques at the end of each cycle.  Eric developed his, specifically, for the un-enhanced bodybuilder.Cory

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Periodization/Long term with Shockwave Protocol

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?