Photos: Cardio & Wholegrains Vs Lifting & Meat

• This topic has 18 voices and 138 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 139 total)
  • Author

Fairy
    Keymaster

So, I just pulled up a photo of myself from Jan 2012. At the time this was taken, I was vegetarian and eating wholegrains, and considered to be 'sporty' and 'active' by friends and family. I tested for 27% body fat and was shocked! Haha. Then I stripped off and took this photo, and was even more shocked by how I looked! I'm comparing that to a photo I took a week ago, August 2012, 26 days in to CNS. Since January, I've started eating meat (recently, I've started living off meat, and dropped even more weight hehe 🙂 ), I've reduced and slowly eliminated running, and I've started weight training, and now strength training (lifting heavier). It's actually been an almost gradual progression over the past nine months. Started off as a vegetarian cardio freak, then I went paleo for a bit, and finally now I'm on CNS.I think I've seen as much progress on CNS in a month as I have on 'paleo' in six. Have a look at my log for other before/after comparisons:  http://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?topic=3711.75Oh, I just wanted to add, I weigh exactly the same in both photos and have maintained a weight of 120 lb (plus or minus 2 lb) for the past year.

David Margittai
    Participant

Definitely have made HUGE strides! I know there are 8+ months between those pictures and you said you've only been on CNS for more or less a month, but if you feel like the progress has been better (faster) than any other method, then keep at it!Whatever it is you've been doing is definitely working. Keep it up!

Fairy

Thank you Mr.J! Yes, I know, I was going to point out, it's not exactly huge progress for an 8-9 month period and it's hardly a dramatic change. But there has been a lot of learning going on! And you're right, I'm just pleased that I'm moving in the right direction 😀 Hello more wights and grass-fed meat. Bye bye 'healthy' wholegrains, fruit, and hour long runs.

Richard Schmitt

Wow definitely can tell a difference and yes you look great! Keep doing what you're doing, it's working and making everything better. I'm really just at awe about this.

Fairy

Thanks BigTex. Why are you at awe about it?

That is phenominal progress, I would not down talk it one bit. The fact that you have only been on CNS for 26 days is even more amazing. Would love to see pics 3 months in, and 6 months in 😉

Fairy

Thank you Cutt. I'm going to keep taking pics regularly 🙂

Gl;itch.e

That bit just under the belly button! Mmmhmm. Phenominal progress.

Fairy

Thanks Glitch. I didn't actually notice that, but I guess it's good that I seem to lose fat from the lower ab area quite easily.

samuel r walker
    Participant

Judging by your profile pic, it might be time to update these photos!!

Fairy

Thanks Sammy, here's a more recent comparison.That profile pic was taken on CBL SA while climbing for 16+ hrs a week, so my muscles were a bit pumped.

Fairy

Aug –> Oct CNS/CBL SA

samuel r walker
    Participant

Great job, youre kickin ass!

Fairy

Thank you 🙂

Damon Amato
    Participant

agree, sweet bod.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Photos: Cardio & Wholegrains Vs Lifting & Meat

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?