Please critique my diet…

• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Polk17
    Keymaster

Workout Day7:15 - Wake - Coffee w/ 1 TBSP MCT Oil & 10ish g Protein from Whey Isolate9:00 - Coffee w/ 1 TBSP MCT Oil & 10ish g Protein from Whey Isolate9:30 - Handful of AlmondsNoon - 7 oz. Chicken2:00-3:00 - 7-8 oz. Cheeseburger Patty w/ Mustard and a little bit of Ketchup5:30ish - Ignitor Shake6:00 - Workout7:30ish - Shake w/ Blend H & 55 g Carbs, Caffeine, Glutamine, Creatine, & Leucine9:00ish - Splurge meal w/ at least 50 g Pro & 200+ g Carbs10:30ish - Might have Frozen Yogurt or some more carbs w/ a Protein ShakeNon-Workout DaySame thing, except I try to go later in the day without eating, and I obviously stay no-carb throughout the day...

Damon Amato
    Participant

probably need a little more context to critique.  What are you goals?  What's your training regimen like?

Polk17

Good call, sorry bout that.6'3 230 I am a Powerlifter.I train 5/3/1, very intense, regularly squat @ 400 for reps, and deadlift 480+ for reps. Also do High Intensity Cardio 3+ days/week, either Hill Sprints (Rarely) or Prowler pushes (Mostly)Live a pretty active life, I coach college baseball, and my other job has me on my feet most of the day. I train @ 6ish give or take the day. My goal is to get leaner, and continue to gain strength while keeping weight between 215-235. So I don't really care if I lose some weight (provided I keep getting stronger), gain weight (provided I get leaner), or stay the same. I have been backloading for about 4 months, I haven't made huge progress getting leaner, but have gotten much stronger, I attribute the lack of getting leaner to the fact that I wasn't doing it correctly, I think I have gotten a little bit leaner since I got the book, and began doing it like above...

Damon Amato
    Participant

in that case looks ok to me.  Only thing i can think of is you may not be getting enough fat during the day but that's just a guess right now.

Polk17

Thanks, I thought I might have been getting too much. I do almonds a few times. I think I need to add some veggies.

Kris1501

I think adding some veggies and fat is all that's missing here…

I think adding some veggies and fat is all that's missing here...

exactly... you need fiber filled veggies and fats. Or are you eating chicken thighs and legs?

Polk17

I eat breasts of chicken… Should I do different?

Kris1501

Fatty cuts of grass fed beef or bison….

Naomi Most

I eat breasts of chicken... Should I do different?

MOAR FAT!!! Chicken breast has almost zero fat in it.  If you prefer dark meat, now's your chance to indulge!

Polk17

OK so I add more fat to my diet, other than that does everything look OK?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please critique my diet…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?