Post workout shake with or without carbs

• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jp5056
    Keymaster

Hey guys,I read the CBL book and it was very helpful... However, I have a client that I am training and needs to lose 50lbs so I am thinking to start him on CNS. From what I understand, he needs to stay under 30 carbs a day for 6 days (excluding fiber carbs). Then on the 7th night, go to town on carbs with protein. My question is this... On non carb nights, after a lifting session he will take 40grams of protien and 5grams of leucine. Does he need to have carbs with the post workout shake (dextrose, maltodextrine)? I realize that would put him over the 30 carb day limit but does it count in the post workout shake? I'm trying to find out if we need to capitalize on post workout gains on the non carb night workouts or simply just take whey and leucine sans carbs...Thanks for any answers

No carbs.Muscle gain will be very limited on CNS. You will gain some if you are new, but the main purpose is to lose fat so avoid PWO except for on carb night.Having him lift right before hitting the carbs will bring best results.

jp5056

Cool thanks for the quick reply… No carbs, got it. But I still should have him take the 40 grams of whey with 5 grams of leucine post workout, correct?

I don't know if he really needs the much whey, between 25-40g is fine and then the leucine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post workout shake with or without carbs

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?