Pre-Workout Supplements Question/Concern

• This topic has 6 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

I know Kiefer says to take caffeine prior to workouts, but is it coffee caffeine or is BPI Sports 1MR ok to take? Or stuff like that?

JR

It comes down to your preference. BPI Sports 1MR is ok to use, but some pre-workouts are not ok. 1MR has like 6 calories and only 1.5 carbs. 1MR does contain maltodextrin but its such a small amount that it will have no effect.

Richard Schmitt

Alright thank you for replying to that. I didn't think that the calories and carbs would make an impact being as low as it is. I know for a fact just barely walking out the door I burnt off the 6 calories.

Brandon

This.caffeine—often in the form of coffee because of the additional cholinomimetic stimulants1,2—because of the cognitive-enhancing abilities3,4, the fat-burning properties5-14, because it increases testosterone levels during training15 and not because recent research shows that caffeine increases nitrous oxide (NO) production16. I don’t even care that caffeine raises your pain threshold, allowing me to push a little harder17-21. I take the caffeine because it decreases my sensitivity to insulin22-30.

Richard Schmitt

Thanks Brandon!

Naomi Most

Yes, thank you Brandon, perfect.I need to get a "thumbs up" mod on this forum.

Richard Schmitt

Thumbs way UP

Richard Schmitt

So I was re-reading this and…coffee before the workout, is it best hot like right out of the pot? or cold, cooler, or iced? Never really figured that out. Because if coffee before a session really does work better than say the 1MR I'm taking, then I'll start doing that and save me a lot of extra money. Just I don't know where to look for the other supplements that are mentioned to take with the pre/post workouts. Another question would it be absolutely necessary to have those products for CNS or CB? Or would some of the sups I use be ok?

SalT

You should try out the Gamma Labs pre-training formula. It is by far my favorite pre-workout, and gives such a natural pump, and has no sugar. My two favorite things about it are that it DOES NOT contain geranium stem in it like Jack3d does. Which is a great thing because geranium stem actually inhibits blood flow, and with a pre-workout supplement, that pretty much defeats the whole purpose. With a pre-workout you want to INCREASE your blood flow, vaso-constrictors are no good! Second favorite thing about it is that it taste absolutely amazing and mixes so easily. By far the best tasting supplement on the market in my opinion. There are plenty of reviews and video testimonials all over the internet about it. Give it a try, it's definitely worth a shot.

I think the coffee can be anyway you like, I know I mix my preworkout shake with coffee quite a bit for an extra jolt before the gym plus it tastes amazing, it's natural and cheap.

JR

@SalT you a supplement company rep? that answer was really generic

Hurley

J

Definitely!  First and only post 25 seconds after registered

ADTS

J

Definitely!  First and only post 25 seconds after registered

We gotta flag these douches early to keep these boards from getting overrun. Circle the wagons boys & girls.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I'm sure when there are more moderators than just Kiefer and Naomi that will happen.

Naomi Most

I'm sure when there are more moderators than just Kiefer and Naomi that will happen.

Now taking applications... 🙂All of you guys in this particular thread would be great candidates. Uh, except for the marketing droid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pre-Workout Supplements Question/Concern

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?