Prep phase, flu/stomach bug

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jackson

So Im just getting over the flu and a stomach bug that came along with it, actually the stomach bug is still there and I barely feel like eating at all. When I do feel like eating I just feel like eating dry biscuits and very sugary lollies.Im on the second day of prep phase and I feel like crap, Im severely craving some sugar.Just curious on peoples opinion as to whether I should keep pushing through or if I should listen to my body and eat what it wants while Im still getting over it?The other reason Im trying to force myself to eat protein is because I have a muscular injury I want to heel and Im unsure whether a lack of protein (under 80g/day) will inhibit the heeling process.The sugar cravings are strange too I dont usually eat junk food or many things containing sugar.

jackson

Alsso I just realized Im only getting about 100g of protein at the moment and I only got in 30g of fat and I was really trying today.Im starting to think that it might be a better idea to wait until Im over the bug completely and I can manage to get in the required 150g of protein and fat. Otherwise Im just setting myself up to burn protein and not fat as fuel?

Richard Schmitt

Alsso I just realized Im only getting about 100g of protein at the moment and I only got in 30g of fat and I was really trying today.Im starting to think that it might be a better idea to wait until Im over the bug completely and I can manage to get in the required 150g of protein and fat. Otherwise Im just setting myself up to burn protein and not fat as fuel?

Yeah just try and keep it 50/50. Hope you get better!

jackson

I dont mean to be daft but did you mean I should wait until Im able to take in the required amounts before I start the prep or I should keep going with it and just trying to get equal amounts of fat to protein?Thanks.

Damon Amato
    Participant

may want to extend the prep phase a day or two.  If you have the noro virus like everyone, just work on feeling better first, then worry about eating.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Prep phase, flu/stomach bug

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?