Protein blends

• This topic has 6 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Kevin Creel

I've seen in many Q & A's at the end of Kiefers articles that people are taking protein blends 1 and 2.  Is that the blend D and H that is through Protein Factory?  And if so, is blend D #1 and blend H #2? Thanks for any help.

Richard Schmitt

Yes sir, you would be correct.

amedio

Where can I get my hands on those protein blends? I would really like to give 'em a try.

Richard Schmitt

Where can I get my hands on those protein blends? I would really like to give 'em a try.

proteinfactory.com

soulmind

Be prepared for Blend H, it does not taste good.  That said I just ordered an additional 5 pounds today because I'm digging my results.  I couldn't imagine doing Blend H without dextrose.

Richard Schmitt

Yeah I was wondering why my protein was tasting so good the last couple of days. I use Dymatize Elite Whey Isolate Protein with NOW Foods Dextrose Powder

Chase102798

I've seen in many Q & A's at the end of Kiefers articles that people are taking protein blends 1 and 2.  Is that the blend D and H that is through Protein Factory?  And if so, is blend D #1 and blend H #2? Thanks for any help.

They are under the formulas section on PF. Be careful cause the blend D is the "anytime" protein and Keifer cautions in the book about not using Hydrolyed proteins during the first part of the day. Blend D does contain these. You may be better off buying a whey isolate, casein, etc. from PF and mixing as desired which is what I started doing. This allows you to create the different designer blends that Keifer mentions. Blend H is a killer PWO protein blend (whey isolate and various hydros) but it lacks the casein that Keifer mentions in the charts in the book.

amedio

Be prepared for Blend H, it does not taste good.  That said I just ordered an additional 5 pounds today because I'm digging my results.  I couldn't imagine doing Blend H without dextrose.

Is dextrose a sweetner? Protein factory really overwhelmed me...not gonna' lie. What do you think about stevia as a sweetner? I have seen mixed reviews.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I thought the NOW foods brand dextrose was a very good sweetener to a PWO shake.

Chase102798

Is dextrose a sweetner? Protein factory really overwhelmed me...not gonna' lie. What do you think about stevia as a sweetner? I have seen mixed reviews.

Dextrose is sweet but it is more importantly a very effective high-GI carb for PWO and very good late in the evening for getting in quality high-GI carbs for CBL in a protein shake. It is mostly used for insulin spike PWO. I used stevia for awhile but have switched back to sucralose. Too much stevia was bothering my gut. Too much dextrose bothers me too. I use (as per Keifers recommendation on DH) or I mix rilose and Dextrose for a cost savings. If I mix them I don't get the lower gut distress 2 hours PWO.

Naomi Most

I thought the NOW foods brand dextrose was a very good sweetener to a PWO shake.

That's good to know, they're reasonably cheap and decent quality.

soulmind

Mentioned this elsewhere but home brewery stores is the best/cheapest place to find dextrose.  It'll be labeled as either corn sugar or priming sugar.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Protein blends

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?