Protein qty on non carb days

• This topic has 5 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kaprice

I sort of hurt my leg (and my elbow) so I can't lift for a week or three.So, I'm shifting from CBL to CN, at least until I can lift, again.Is the recommended 1g protein per body pound still recommended when you're not lifting? So, every day?

Richard Schmitt

Yes and no, it's a good rule to go by but eat to hunger. And be sure fat adds up to that amount too Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Sort of on topic…I've been wondering this as well. I'm going on vacation for a minimum of 7 days (been on CBL for 30 days sans the Prep Phase) so I'll be doing my prep-phase (lol) starting this weekend….Even on CBL I've been realizing by the end of the day that I'm only eating maybe 60g-80g protein. Used to eat 120-150g/day. But as Tex said, I just eat according to how I feel and so far so good. In fact I'm a little amazed at the muscle that's starting to show – and grow – in only 30 days. It's fascinating to think that I eat that little protein and am putting muscle ON…..So in short, +1 to Tex's reply  😉

I agree you are best to let your hunger be your guide, but I will suggest eating a bit more protein then you normally might while you are recovering from in injury.To be honest, I suggest eating ULC and eating like a horse while recovering, if you body has to make repairs to something it's very metabolically costly, so you'll need plenty of fuel.

zewski

Yea eat plenty of protein and fat, there's a reason they're called essential to your diet. Unfortunately you won't be very hungry due to the fact that you're injured, and consequently moving less, so try to make an extra effort to at least not go below your resting metabolic rate in calories. I know calories may "not matter" for fat loss, but you need energy and building blocks in order for your body to recover.

Kaprice

Good stuff. Thanks!I'm really missing my workouts. I was JUST starting to enjoy them. And, my recovery times were becoming bearable.I'm also nervous about knowing when to come back and how hard to hit it.But, I'll try to keep my protein up and carbs down during my healing.Already, I'm able to use the bad leg up stairs. I wasn't able to do that for the first couple of days after I tweaked it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Protein qty on non carb days

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?