Protien intake for someone on CNS and not working out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kevin Lawson

Hi,

I’m 5’8″ about 172 lbs. My macros are 30 g carbs, 99 gram protien and 166 g fat. I came from the keto school of thought even though I never was able to actually get into nutritional ketosis. On keto people keep their protien low like under 200 g. I am not exact stalled at this point but I was thinking of trying the 1:1 ratio 140 F 140 P 30 C. I my protien good where it is now? I know I need to start working out but my job is a bit physical and I’ll usually beat after work.

Kevin Lawson

I meant to say on keto they keep it below 100 g.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Protein intake differs from person to person, but generally a good number to stick to is 1 gram per pound of lean body mass.
    While the actual required amount of protein to spare muscle can go lower, most people will do somewhere around there. Since being in ketosis itself is muscle sparing, you can definitely get away with lower protein.

But in my opinion, I think you could up the protein a little bit and lower the fat. 140/140/30 might be better, even if you’re not lifting. Protein is more satiating than fat and the thermic effect is greater, so it can help some people with the diet.

Keep in mind that the goal of CNS is not being in ketosis, so don’t worry too much about that. If you haven’t stalled, I see no reason to change anything, but if you want to give it a try, I’d say go for it.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Kevin Lawson

Ok that sounds good and the main reason i wanted the change was because I’m hungry alot but a little hungerbis expected when trying to kean out. I realize that the goal in CNS is not being in ketosis.

Thank You for the reply. I’ll up it and see what happens.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Protien intake for someone on CNS and not working out

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?