PR’s on Carb nite

• This topic has 9 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jerad
    Keymaster

Just though it would be fun to note, into my 2nd week on Carb Nite I set a pr on the bench and OH press. 14 reps @ 225 full range bench, and 5 reps 225 military press.  ;D

nz6stringaxe

That's a beastly military press. How much do you weigh?

Jerad

Started CN at 270.5… Currently in the low 260's

Damon Amato
    Participant

hmmm, 10 days into CNS, starting weight 209lb, current weight 211lb.  WTF?

CaseyD

How long ago was your carb nite?

Damon Amato
    Participant

Saturday.  Edited to say I picked up some colon cleanse last night and BM'd 1.6lb this morning apparently.  Even with that though, I don't think I look any different in the mirror at all and was weak as hell for my workout.

CaseyD

I'd say there's a possibility of a decent amount of carbs left in your system, plus typical daily fluctuations. I would definitely give it a little more time, both on the scale and in the mirror. I'm sure it'll start to show.

Naomi Most

Just pulled 170lbs off the floor (deadlift) after fasting all day and at the tail end of a Carb Nite cycle.Granted, I'm still a baby builder, PRs are still coming with regularity for me.

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

Man, I struggle on Carb nite.  I've been on it over 3 months now, but I tell you, over time my lifting ability has gone down tremendously.  I find myself gassing 1/4 of the way through my lift, heart rate and breathing going up, and struggling like mad to catch up/recover for the next set.    I only lift prior to my once/week carb feed now because I can't recover from a lift on other days.  I am fine though minutes after hitting a carb-heavy drink.

Richard Schmitt

I'm not sure if it's me, but being used to not having much or any carbs in my body, I think I gotten used to working out on fumes…though it really does suck. I went to the gym this morning to perform my interval cardio after fasting the entire day yesterday (not a good idea, didn't really seem like it helped/worked toward my goals), I could barely get my sprint going for 30 seconds, but I managed…

Jerad

I find motivation is the hard part right now. I am dragging my ass all the time but I can still push the same weights and volume.

Richard Schmitt

I find motivation is the hard part right now. I am dragging my ass all the time but I can still push the same weights and volume.

Oh trust me, waking up at 5:30 in the morning to go do certain exercises I am dragging ass, but I want to get to my goal, and I always Push Myself in the afternoon time during my gym time. I figured if I want my goal, and if I want to eat tonight I have to push myself.

bako71

I hit a PR of 185 on my sumo deadlift three days after my 1st carb nite. I was so suprised to be able to still get stronger on carbnite.  The other thing is that I got 6 reps.  Previously, the most I had done was about 170 for 6.

Naomi Most

NICE, bako71

Chuck

I'm not sure if it's me, but being used to not having much or any carbs in my body, I think I gotten used to working out on fumes...though it really does suck. I went to the gym this morning to perform my interval cardio after fasting the entire day yesterday (not a good idea, didn't really seem like it helped/worked toward my goals), I could barely get my sprint going for 30 seconds, but I managed...

Yea I seem a little worried myself, with going from CN to CBL. Because I am becoming use to working on fumes and have been consistent with losing 1-2lbs a week. Worried I will gain weight back from switching to CBL. But one thing I am for sure is I will never eat breakfast again…. Feel much better skipping breakfast.Stats:6' 1"204lbs soon to be 195lbsLifts:Bench 255lbsDead  315lbsSquat 315lbs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PR’s on Carb nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?