Public discussion of book information

• This topic has 6 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

Just a minor thought… A lot of Keifer's information that he has put the time into researching and writing into books is slowly being placed publicly and freely here on these forums.  I'm not sure how the owner of the book content feels about that, but lately I find myself not answering many questions because half the time I think the question could be answered simply by purchasing the book and reading it.  Basically, I desire to continue getting quality information from Keifer, and if his current set of knowledge is freely available on the forums, people won't be paying for the book, thereby removing the motivation to continue writing quality books for me.  (yes, it is all about me!!!!)

Hurley

You make a good point.  Although the whole forum is basically for openly discussing ideas laid out in the book, it seems like someone who wouldn't even by the book shouldn't be able to cobble the whole thing together for free.  I think they'd only be able to get 90% of the puzzle that way though, which for this program would be same as 0.

stephenhdmrs

I know Kiefer mentioned that there is going to be a hidden forum for people who bought the book to get “updates and discussions,etc.”  So that kind of relates to what you're talking about.  I know how you feel though.  I do a workout that I bought and I don't want to go too much into detail about it because I feel the author doesn't get anything for it if I “spell the book out.”  I don't think many people make it here on the forums without buying the book or having that intention.  There is soo much in the book I missed and need to ask questions on the forum.  And I have the damn book in front of me.

Naomi Most

Thank you guys for your concerns.It doesn't bother us too much that this stuff is discussed openly -- Kiefer already published a dozen articles about CBL already, which is why many people have already been doing CBL successfully without ever talking to Kiefer to spell it out for them.  The book just makes everything easy -- not to mention AUTHORITATIVE, rather than spread out confusingly and poorly written all over a forum.What's more concerning to us is the spread of misinformation, and that's really the only reason we're going to reorganize the forums and reserve certain parts for verified members only.

JR

What's more concerning to us is the spread of misinformation, and that's really the only reason we're going to reorganize the forums and reserve certain parts for verified members only.

What is a verified member? Isn't everyone that joins the forum verified?

stephenhdmrs

Maybe it's just me, but I read every article out there and the book contains 15 more tips than the article ever mentions.  That in itself is worth getting the book.  I wish I could have read the articles only and fully understood but I just couldn't.  It was missing far too much information.

Richard Schmitt

Verified members would be the one's who actually bought the book.

JR

Verified members would be the one's who actually bought the book.

What I meant was what's the deal with misinformation on this forum? And why is that causing this verifying thing. I haven't noticed that many problems on the forum. It seems to be running smoothly.

Richard Schmitt

Well Kiefer's favorite person, Blade, (hahah) for starters. Everything is yes running smoothly, just like everything else that get's in the spot light, people start posting misleading information. For example the MF magazine that claimed it was Kiefer's Shockwave Protocol. Plus if you spent $80 on a book that you spent time reading, utilizing everything in the book, and then you look on here and find out someone else already mentioned it, or revealing the entire book. I'm sure that would piss you off, because you spent $80 and read the book for nothing.

JR

@BigTex it was messed up that Jesse Burdick wrote that article….That definitely made things worst for me. I know my friends and others who comment on DH were confused as well. Even if you look at his nutrition in that article…its like he made a failed attempt at trying to describe carb back loading. That article was featured on BB dot com which has millions of members.

Richard Schmitt

@BigTex it was messed up that Jesse Burdick wrote that article....That definitely made things worst for me. I know my friends and others who comment on DH were confused as well. Even if you look at his nutrition in that article...its like he made a failed attempt at trying to describe carb back loading. That article was featured on BB dot com which has millions of members.

Oh trust me I saw this, and I was like O.O WHHAAAAT?????? THE HEEEEEEEEEELL is this??? I know it's not Sir Kiefer's work. I have the Shockwave Protocol 1.0 ebook, and using that till the ACTUAL book program comes out, till then I ain't following something that is not Kiefer's. Sorry MF

JR

Kiefer did just publish something in the new issue January 2012. There are some misprints from M & F though >:(  I'm not sure exactly where the dragon flag is supposed to go. Maybe its a level X movement. You'll see what I mean when you get it.

Richard Schmitt

Kiefer did just publish something in the new issue January 2012. There are some misprints from M & F though >:(  I'm not sure exactly where the dragon flag is supposed to go. Maybe its a level X movement. You'll see what I mean when you get it.

Alright as I was, I need to go look at it, and curse you M&F for the misprints.

robhally

Wait a minute, I know the bodybuilding.com article is incorrect, but is the M&F article incorrect as well?

JR

@ronhally no the new article is correct but it looks like there may be some misprints

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Public discussion of book information

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?