PWO shake during CN

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Damon Amato
    Participant

We are trying to keep insulin levels low at all times correct?  Does that mean after lifting (trying to do Shockwave: ripped), I should have Whey Isolate by itself (not including add-ons like leucine), or I should still do Whey Hydrosylate like Blend H or Dymatize iso100?  Still not sure where Blend D fits in.Is anyone else doing Shockwave Ripped while on CN?  I did some HIIT (30sec max effort, rest until wind returns, six reps) on the exercise bike this morning, thought I would pass out from being weak.  I really don't understand how you can have any sort of exercise plan with no carbs at all unless I'm doing it wrong.  I feel as weak as my newborn right now and can tell I'm losing muscle already.  Help?

theilercabin

Well, I am not sure from the info you posted what's up.  Yet, it's like this:  To initiate CB, you need to undergo a 4-7 day carb depletion phase, where you'll keep net carb intake to less than 30grams.  Do this for the duration of your goal (4-7 days).  What this will do is significantly lower FAS.  FAS is the primary, most important enzyme involved with converting cars to fat.  So, day by day you are lowering your FAS levels.  One of the best voluntary measures to help hinder/lower, or perhaps even hault the production of FAS is to eliminate carbs from the diet, hence reason for the season (Carb depletion season that is). Yes, you will lose a bit of strength and energy, a minor cost involved.  For example, after a day and half of my carb depletion phase I have lost 3.5lbs; I've yet to realize any sort of significant strength  loss or loss in definition, on the contrary I have seen a slight improvement in definition. So this sort of carb depletion thing is a temporary state.  If we eliminate FAS, or significantly lower levels, then the excess carbs from eating during your CB phrase will be much less likely to be stored as fat; more than likely they will be burnt as heat, re-stock glycogen stores, fuel cell repair and various body mechanics.  Enjoying a low carb diet, over an extended duration, creates a low insulin state, which can accelerate the release of fatty acids and increase the fat burning from your nasty ass, abs, side handles, and not-so-picture-perfect-parts that you wouldn't dare upload to your mobile Facebook album.  What we want:  Keep FFA levels low when insulin levels are high.Alright, now for the guts.  This is my take on a daily strategy.  I hope Kiefer can review, analysis and critique, yet I am sure it is significantly dialed-in.  Here is what I have found to work the best for me.  I have always found it best to wake up early in the morning and start kicking ass - immediate ass.  Grab that morning Americano and hit the treadmill for a 20 minute walk.  I do this to get things moving both mentally and physically, for the slight increase of fat burning, to mediate, to read and to outline the particular daily strategy (both work and personal).  While walking I ingest 13g of Whey Isolate - all by it's lonely ass self.  I then drink another 13g shake of Whey Isolate, nothing more @ 9:00am.  I ingest small increments of Whey Isolate by itself to ensure no significant rise in insulin levels.  I really want at least 6 full hours of the ideal fat-burning state.  The rest of my schedule is below: 26g Blend D / 5g Leucine @ 12:001st Meal:  Significant turkey, chicken, beef, venison, cottage cheese - stuff like that. 26g Blend D/5gCreatine/5g Leucine @ Pre-Work Out (3:00-4:00pm)40g Blend H/100g Rilose /5g Leucine/5g Creatine @ Post-WorkOut2nd Meal:  Dinner - Mod6, Anything I basically want - staying away from fructose based anything - simply worthless.40g Blend H/5Leucine @ 7:00 or so.Various snacking on anything reasonable.The reason for Carb backloading is to re-stock glycogen stores during the best possible daily time range while: A. Hindering fat retention B. Building muscle. C. Re-equipping glycogen stores for the upcoming resistance training routine.Pay attention to the way your body feels, cultivate self-awareness - you will most certainly need genuine self-awareness in order to reach your ideal state - can't just listen to gurus and outside-the-self practitioners forever.  You'll immediately notice the difference in the way your body responds when you begin CB and the first week of CB initiation; a week or so after the first day of CB.  If done properly you will have more energy then pre-CB and you'll get much more return for your investment.  For busy-ass folks like me, ROI is fucking important. Anyone else care to chime in or correct anything?

nz6stringaxe

I'm just curious if there is a significant difference between taking a small dose of whey isolates or BCAAs (like Scivation Xtend) during the walk, before/during/after training, or any other time.

Richard Schmitt

Yeah is it necessary to take in whey isolate while walking? In the mornings I only do HIIT for about 25-30 minutes. Doing 30 seconds on, and 30 seconds active rest. Now would this hinder my fat loss abilites for the day because of not taking in the whey? I haven't started taking in any Leucine, but would mixing that with my pre-workout be ok (1MR) so fat loss can happen? and another 5g with my ISO 100 post-workout for the whole fat loss opportunity?I don't intake anything till around 12 (which I wake up around 6 every morning, and if its a cardio morning/evening day then cardio), I drink coffee around 8 which is just plain black coffee right now, and only a cup. Would adding Leucine to that be ideal? Next meal comes after post-workout, which I plan out to eat at 5:30/6 till around 7, and then stop eating so I don't get fat...or gain unwanted weight. Your dialed in menu looks pretty good for you, I'm really looking forward to the book, and the software to help me plan out my day more. Once I get the book, I'm starting everything over. Depletion Phase for a week, and finding the correct Carb-Backloading Foods, and sups.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PWO shake during CN

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?