PWO Whey Protein with MCT oil

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jaspreet singh
    Participant

Hello everybody, I need little help here. I have been on carb nite for about 6 weeks now and I work out about 3 days a week. I am 32 years old male 5’7″ 187 lbs (27% body fat). My primary goal is to loose fat and build muscle. I work out fasted first thing in the morning. My question is that can I take 25g whey protein with one table spoon of MCT oil (no carbs added). According to carb nite solution, my goal should be to keep insulin level low on my ULC days. Will that protein PWO spike my insulin? Please help and correct me if I wrong at any point. Also what should be the best time for whey protein because I am having hard time getting my 170g protein from meats only.

Richard Schmitt

Yes it’s okay to take the whey as part of your PWO Shake, just take that shake an HOUR after your session in the morning, and wait another HOUR after that only consuming MCT Oil, CO, and/or Coffee. Once that second hour is up, you can continue with ULC meals. If you have Leucine, use 3-5g of that in the shake, if not use CarbShock. Yes you want to spike insulin PWO, to help prevent any more catabolism from the training session.

jaspreet singh
    Participant

Thank you very much for the advise Big Tex. Can you also look into introduction section (My Overweight Journey), I have posted my macros ratios and other information. Can you see if that looks ok or do I need to change something to get better results.

jaspreet singh
    Participant

Hey i had another question, i will appreciate it if you can give your input. Can i supplement whey protein if i am not meeting my protein intake by end of the day and what is the good time to take that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PWO Whey Protein with MCT oil

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?