Questions about the charts in back of CBL Book

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Polk17
    Keymaster

1. In the Weight Delta Chart, you weigh yourself before going No Carb for 10 days, and after, then whatever weight you lost, you eat the amount of baseline carbs, on your Backloading days? So if someone lost 8 lbs, they would eat over 700 g Carbs a day to maintain? Obviously, this is experimental, and has some give and take, but that is where you would start?2. On the Pre Carb Mealtimes Chart, say I am 230 and wanna stay there but get stronger and leaner (Strength Accumulation/Recomposition), I'd eat @ 130 g Protein in my 2.5 preWO meals (2 whole food meals, and a coffee w/ Whey Isolate maybe 2), & about 40 g Fat? Then after my workout I'd do my Backloading meals with about 90-100 g Protein in those meals, including my shake?Am I one the right page? It just seems that 600+ g Carbs is really, really high...

IOWA.PharmD

1) That number is that MAX number of carbs.

Polk17

Makes sense, what would you recommend as a number for weight maintenance and strengthening?

IOWA.PharmD

It has been stressed that you go all out and get as high as you can to see what it feels like. If you feel like shit, back off and go lower. If you go lower, and still feel good, try a bit higher next time. This part seems to be trial and error and not a specific number.

Naomi Most

1. In the Weight Delta Chart, you weigh yourself before going No Carb for 10 days, and after, then whatever weight you lost, you eat the amount of baseline carbs, on your Backloading days? So if someone lost 8 lbs, they would eat over 700 g Carbs a day to maintain? Obviously, this is experimental, and has some give and take, but that is where you would start?2. On the Pre Carb Mealtimes Chart, say I am 230 and wanna stay there but get stronger and leaner (Strength Accumulation/Recomposition), I'd eat @ 130 g Protein in my 2.5 preWO meals (2 whole food meals, and a coffee w/ Whey Isolate maybe 2), & about 40 g Fat? Then after my workout I'd do my Backloading meals with about 90-100 g Protein in those meals, including my shake?Am I one the right page? It just seems that 600+ g Carbs is really, really high...

That's your maximum, the target to aim for on your first back-load, if you CAN.  Don't worry if you cannot.After your back-load, the next day, you interpret how big of a back-load you should eat NEXT time based on how you feel that morning.  Just keep pushing the bar around until you're getting the right results the next day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Questions about the charts in back of CBL Book

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?