quick question

• This topic has 2 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kylet

Hello, all.  I'm about 2 weeks into CNS and 1 week into SWP.  Over the past few weeks I've read CNS, CBL, SWP, a good chunk of the forum and a goodly amount of Thib's writings.  I feel pretty good about my understanding of SWP and have enjoyed my first several workouts.  I do, however, have one unanswered question thus far.The written description of an ELECT rep states that the eccentric portion of the rep is about one second.  The video examples seem to range from 2-4 seconds.  Based on my understanding, the more/most important things seem to be the explosive transition from eccentric to concentric and acceleration throughout the concentric portion of the rep.  How big of a deal is time spent in the eccentric phase?

I wouldn't worry all the much about the time, and just control it and stay tight. So even if you drop into squats, keep yourself tight and explode coming out.Personally, I just go at whatever speed feels good for that particular movement.

kylet

I appreciate the reply.Intuitively, that is what I've been doing.  Because of the comparatively lower volume of this protocol, however, I want to make danged sure that I'm performing it as optimally as possible.Any other thoughts?

I appreciate the reply.Intuitively, that is what I've been doing.  Because of the comparatively lower volume of this protocol, however, I want to make danged sure that I'm performing it as optimally as possible.Any other thoughts?

Depending on goals and diet, adding volume to the program by either A. extended PSR sets B. multiple PSR setsmakes the program work a lot better. This is something you should do if use SW and CBL.

kylet

Current diet and goals are CNS with a primary goal of fat loss.  I expect that I'll see a moderate amount of strength improvement and some degree of hypertophy as I reintroduce myself to the weightroom, however, the focus is getting bf% back to low double digit or high single digit numbers.Once body comp goal is attained, I expect that I'll transition to CBL.  While continuing to do SWP, if I find strength and hypertophy progress to be slower than desired, I'll likely tweak SWP by extending the PSR sets and maybe later adding in some eccentric-focus work.  I've traveled the road of overtraining to the point of mild adrenal fatigue and don't care to revisit it.  The simplicity and efficiency of SWP is appealing to me, so any adjustments made will likely be done slowly while I see how my body responds.  I can't imagine that Kiefer would have published the protocol if he didn't think it was pretty danged good as is.

Current diet and goals are CNS with a primary goal of fat loss.  I expect that I'll see a moderate amount of strength improvement and some degree of hypertophy as I reintroduce myself to the weightroom, however, the focus is getting bf% back to low double digit or high single digit numbers.Once body comp goal is attained, I expect that I'll transition to CBL.  While continuing to do SWP, if I find strength and hypertophy progress to be slower than desired, I'll likely tweak SWP by extending the PSR sets and maybe later adding in some eccentric-focus work.  I've traveled the road of overtraining to the point of mild adrenal fatigue and don't care to revisit it.  The simplicity and efficiency of SWP is appealing to me, so any adjustments made will likely be done slowly while I see how my body responds.  I can't imagine that Kiefer would have published the protocol if he didn't think it was pretty danged good as is.

As written it's easily one of if not the best program to use with CNS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

quick question

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?