Quick snacks for Protein

• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kevink
    Keymaster

Hi all,          After entering college I have found a serious problem..... Getting enough protein! I am on the meal plan so best case scenario I only have access to 3 or 4 easy meals a day make that 2-3 if pushing back breakfast by several hours like the book says. In this situation does anyone have anything easy to make/dorm friendly that could be used to fill up the protein holes? Carbs is not a problem for the backloads as they have all you can eat pizza for dinner.

pshannon

Your not supposed to be eating meals all through out the day. This is not a body building routine, and your only supposed to be getting 1.3 (on the high end) of protein per pound of body weight a day. Thats not to hard to get in 1 meal, maybe 2 meals and your backload. Not to mention post workout shake!

Richard Schmitt

Your not supposed to be eating meals all through out the day. This is not a body building routine, and your only supposed to be getting 1.3 (on the high end) of protein per pound of body weight a day. Thats not to hard to get in 1 meal, maybe 2 meals and your backload. Not to mention post workout shake!

+1 I can understand difficulty getting it for an ULC day but with CBL that shouldn't be problems. Use whey PWO and with the PWO meals.

Scele

I used to boil entire cartons of eggs and keep them in tupperware containers in my dormroom fridge.

pshannon

I used to boil entire cartons of eggs and keep them in tupperware containers in my dormroom fridge.

This is a great idea, maybe some beef jerky, or random strips of bacon.

webby

Be careful with beef jerky, some of it has high carb content!

huntley1984

My go to high protein power snacks are smaller portions of chicken, turkey, salmon, mackerel, grass-fed meat… things like that because protein holds me over for a while. Pea protein and rice bran protein are also good if you're vegan. I wouldn't recommend WHEY protein at all!!

when i dormed i only had about 1  large meal between my morning coffee and my workout (3:30 pm).  Just a salad, and grilled chicken with olive oil (unless they had beef or something better available).  i woke up around 10ish everyday, so if you're up earlier you can definitely squeeze in two meals.  Then id just have my post workout shake, a huge dinner, and then i had cereal and other snacks in my room to make up the rest of the back load.  .8-1.3g of protein per pound is really easy to get in with just like 4 meals (including a shake).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Quick snacks for Protein

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?