Raging headache…

• This topic has 12 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

AnnLUX

Hey all,It's my 3rd day under 30g carbs. Is it common to have a raging headache? I feel like my brain is slow and I can't think. I have a headache that just won't quit and I can't focus. This is what today looked like:1 cup coffee3 oz HWC1 200mg Caffeine pillHeavy leg day workout:Backsquats @ 185#Walking lunges w/ 75# bar50 burpees3 rds @ 20 Single Calf raises3 rds @ 25 pushups12noon: PWO 2 scoops of ON Whey Protein2pm: 6oz steak w/ butter & side salad w/ blue cheese dressing5pm: 2 hamburger patties w/ cheddar cheese & 2 slice of baconraw kale w/ 1 boiled egg, 3 oz feta, & 2 oz turkey all drenched in olive oil.Thing is, I'm STILL hungry!! What gives?!?!I'm at 26% BF for a female. Is it just the early stages of ketosis as my body is transitioning to surviving without carbs?Thanks!Ann

Damon Amato
    Participant

it's only been a few days, don't stress, just eat more if you're hungry.  And drop the burpees mid workout.  You're going to negate a lot of anabolic signaling for muscle growth by doing them at the same time as your strength routine.

AnnLUX

It's not being hungry I'm worried about. It's this raging headache. I'm sitting w/ a client in front of me and can't focus AND want to rip their head off for asking the dumbest questions ever. lol.  ;D

Richard Schmitt

I get headaches during the day too, I think it might be normal due to being low-carb.

Damon Amato
    Participant

It's not being hungry I'm worried about. It's this raging headache. I'm sitting w/ a client in front of me and can't focus AND want to rip their head off for asking the dumbest questions ever. lol.  ;D

I'm sure that would give me a headache too.  Watch this, you'll feel better.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aosMsYWzKzs

That headaches are normal.Eat more fat, it helps.Also, try getting some potassium by either supplementation or avocados and then supplement some magnesium.

AnnLUX

I'm sure that would give me a headache too.  Watch this, you'll feel better.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aosMsYWzKzs

Hahahahaha....hilarious! 🙂 Thanks for the laugh. I'm a wedding planner, so I deal with brides all day long! lolz.At times, I love what I do, other times........ 😮Thanks guys! I'm hoping that these headaches go away, otherwise I might just have to stay thick and forego the 6 pack. Hahaha...

zewski

Get enough sleep, drink tons of water, don't be afraid to add sea salt to things (will help with absorption of the water), and add some fat as well. When first starting the diet you will be hungrier than normal, but eventually you'll forget to eat. Good luck! 😀

CaseyD

Just to clarify what's been said…Headaches are not “normal”, but they are a fairly sure sign you need more fat.

pshannon

Just to clarify what's been said...Headaches are not "normal", but they are a fairly sure sign you need more fat.

Agreed. You need to eat more. There is nothing normal about feeling like that, its your body telling you something is wrong. It's not something to ignore. I would probably eat more whole foods instead of the oils/blue cheese. Add another beef patty and cheese. Bacon

Also, don't worry about how much you are eating to satiate yourself.Last night for dinner I had 1 lb of ground beef, 1 oz of brazil nuts, half a 90% dark chocolate bar, and a half pound of bacon topped with 3 slices of cheese. For lunch I even had about 2 lbs of meat.Some days you will be staving, other days you wont be hungry at all.

AnnLUX

Awesome to hear guys! Thanks. Gonna give it another whirl today and do like you guys say and eat more and just trust in the method and how it works. Woke up feeling great today! 🙂 Let's hope it lasts. Will try to get more food in me and listen to my body a bit more. 🙂Maybe getting down to 18%BF will be possible after all.

Hey all,It's my 3rd day under 30g carbs. Is it common to have a raging headache? I feel like my brain is slow and I can't think. I have a headache that just won't quit and I can't focus. This is what today looked like:1 cup coffee3 oz HWC1 200mg Caffeine pillHeavy leg day workout:Backsquats @ 185#Walking lunges w/ 75# bar50 burpees3 rds @ 20 Single Calf raises3 rds @ 25 pushups12noon: PWO 2 scoops of ON Whey Protein2pm: 6oz steak w/ butter & side salad w/ blue cheese dressing5pm: 2 hamburger patties w/ cheddar cheese & 2 slice of baconraw kale w/ 1 boiled egg, 3 oz feta, & 2 oz turkey all drenched in olive oil.Thing is, I'm STILL hungry!! What gives?!?!I'm at 26% BF for a female. Is it just the early stages of ketosis as my body is transitioning to surviving without carbs?Thanks!Ann

Until your body adjusts to a Keto-style diet, headaches can be common -- so can a "slow" mental feeling.  Perhaps even lethargia.You will eventually balance out, and will adjust.  If not, there may be underlying medical concerns you might want to address through a physician.Other common "Keto" issues are flatulence, bad breath and sweet smelling urine.Gas / digestion can be aided via fiber intake.Bad breath via certain gums (sugar-free).Urine odor, well, that is what it is.Not saying you will experience all of these, but you could.  Me, for instance, didn't get the bad breath or flatulence (then again, my fiber intake is sufficient).Cory

zewski

Last night for dinner I had 1 lb of ground beef, 1 oz of brazil nuts, half a 90% dark chocolate bar, and a half pound of bacon topped with 3 slices of cheese. For lunch I even had about 2 lbs of meat.

You're my hero

AnnLUX

Last night for dinner I had 1 lb of ground beef, 1 oz of brazil nuts, half a 90% dark chocolate bar, and a half pound of bacon topped with 3 slices of cheese. For lunch I even had about 2 lbs of meat.

You're my hero

Yup! My hero! 🙂 Gonna have to up my ground beef intake then. What do you guys thinking about starting my day without the coffee or caffeine? Do I HAVE to have coffee every morning? What if I just take a 200mg caffeine pill?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Raging headache…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?