Raspberry Ketones

• This topic has 8 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

BenjaminD

I know this is reviving an old thread, but I'm not sure the information given here was entirely accurate if you look at these two studies:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15862604http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16311212It seems that the increase in HSL translocation would be very effective at burning fat...From the first link: "Raspberry Ketones significantly increased norepinephrine-induced lipolysis associated with the translocation of hormone-sensitive lipase from the cytosol to lipid droplets in rat epididymal fat cells."And from the second: "The major rate-limiting factor for lipolysis is hormone-sensitive lipase"

The problem being they were given enough RK to make up 2% of their total caloric intake.

Needless to say, that is a LOT of ketones.

Aliotua

Ya, I understand. I just think it's hard to say they wouldn't have any benefit…

Aliotua

Do y'all think there would be any value in taking that kind of dosage? So like 10g worth on a 4000 calorie diet? Might be an interesting experiment…

Do y'all think there would be any value in taking that kind of dosage? So like 10g worth on a 4000 calorie diet? Might be an interesting experiment...

If you're willing to spend the money, feel free to let us know.I don't think it's worth the cost for a marginal benefit at best.

jeresk

Just curious if anyone here has used them...  They had a sale - I had a friend say it helpped her in combination of a low carb diet.  So I got a bottle - since there is a bunch of caffiene in there, and I've seen posts from Kiefer state caffiene pills have benefit, I figured they would either help - or do nothing...  Anyway - there are only 2 changes I've made to CNS - and that is I am doing regular resistance training, and taking these stupid pills...  Since I started I've completely stalled.  I was averaging about 1 - 2 lbs a week NET loss...  So I'd hit, say 260 - have carb nite - go to 265, then drop over the next week between carb nites, and then end up about 258 - 259 before my next carb nite.  It's was really very regular.  On occation I'd have a week or two with no net loss - but then like the 3rd or 4th week, I drop like 4 or 5 lbs - so it all equaled out.  But now, I have stayed at almost the exact same.  All my food is the same - timing and everything and for 7 months I had an average of 10 lbs a month (almost).  I dropped 63 lbs.  But I'm still nowhere near the lower 10 or 12 percent body fat, but my weight stays exactly the same.  Don't get me wrong - it's better than gaining!  I am just wondering if this stupid Ketone thing could stall you out?  If anyone else has tried it?

Kiefer has said before that CNS should only be used for ~6 months before transitioning to something else for at least a little while.  Cory is the only person I've seen of going the full 6 months, but maybe switch to CBL SA for a few weeks and then transition back into CNS?

The 6 months rule is an old recommendation that has since been done away with. He says you can use it as long as you like.

I think Kiefer was implying that the average person would need a mental break after 6 months of "dieting" but if you don't need a break, continue with the program. Most people make a dozen excuses to avoid going a single day without the precious items that make them fat so it's understandable that after 6 months someone might need a brief reprieve.

Thank you both!  Yes, I actually did take a month break.  I was going to stop at 6 months and break like he had initally said, but that would have meant breaking in Dec. - and I was worried that I would be too tempted at the holidays to make a lot of really bad choices - so I held through the 7 month just fine, then started the new years with CBL for just one month and then started in Feb. again back with CNS.I really didn't need the break, but I was already 2 weeks into to CBL before I learned that it was kind of "optional."  So I figured I'd just stick with what I was doing...

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Raspberry Ketones

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?