Raspberry Ketones

• This topic has 8 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

ShawnC926
    Keymaster

I am not using them and have no intention of using them… However, I have family members that seem to be caught up in the raspberry ketone bandwagon after watching DrOz promise everybody fat loss and with this whole “miracle pill in a bottle” fiasco.. Anyway, can somebody please shed some light as to the effectiveness this actually has or how I can explain that this is a sham if that is the case lol?? Thanks..http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/miracle-fat-burner-bottlehttp://www.labrada.com/store/raspberryketones_FB-0525.html

I get so sick of Dr. Oz…Mark Sissons answers a question asked about them here.http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dear-mark-marathon-fuel-muscle-cramps-and-another-dr-oz-miracle/#axzz1sQQSBuj0

ShawnC926

Heh.. That doesn't completely refute his claims, but certainly sheds some light onto how they fail to disclose all factors of the study!! Thanks for the speedy response and good read!

jeresk

Just curious if anyone here has used them…  They had a sale – I had a friend say it helpped her in combination of a low carb diet.  So I got a bottle – since there is a bunch of caffiene in there, and I've seen posts from Kiefer state caffiene pills have benefit, I figured they would either help – or do nothing…  Anyway - there are only 2 changes I've made to CNS - and that is I am doing regular resistance training, and taking these stupid pills...  Since I started I've completely stalled.  I was averaging about 1 - 2 lbs a week NET loss...  So I'd hit, say 260 - have carb nite - go to 265, then drop over the next week between carb nites, and then end up about 258 - 259 before my next carb nite.  It's was really very regular.  On occation I'd have a week or two with no net loss - but then like the 3rd or 4th week, I drop like 4 or 5 lbs - so it all equaled out.  But now, I have stayed at almost the exact same.  All my food is the same - timing and everything and for 7 months I had an average of 10 lbs a month (almost).  I dropped 63 lbs.  But I'm still nowhere near the lower 10 or 12 percent body fat, but my weight stays exactly the same.  Don't get me wrong - it's better than gaining!  I am just wondering if this stupid Ketone thing could stall you out?  If anyone else has tried it?

Martin Skup Taveras
    Participant

i was about to post the same question about Raspberry Ketones… someone i really trust said i should use it to burn more fat but i would like to know how it would effect me? would it accelerate the process?need info

It wont speed progress, but there is no reason it should hurt.

decoy5657

At 35 or 40 dollars a bottle, that's not a great reason to take them. 🙂 Want ketones? Use MCT oil. Done.

tzanghi
    Participant

Just curious if anyone here has used them...  They had a sale - I had a friend say it helpped her in combination of a low carb diet.  So I got a bottle - since there is a bunch of caffiene in there, and I've seen posts from Kiefer state caffiene pills have benefit, I figured they would either help - or do nothing...  Anyway - there are only 2 changes I've made to CNS - and that is I am doing regular resistance training, and taking these stupid pills...  Since I started I've completely stalled.  I was averaging about 1 - 2 lbs a week NET loss...  So I'd hit, say 260 - have carb nite - go to 265, then drop over the next week between carb nites, and then end up about 258 - 259 before my next carb nite.  It's was really very regular.  On occation I'd have a week or two with no net loss - but then like the 3rd or 4th week, I drop like 4 or 5 lbs - so it all equaled out.  But now, I have stayed at almost the exact same.  All my food is the same - timing and everything and for 7 months I had an average of 10 lbs a month (almost).  I dropped 63 lbs.  But I'm still nowhere near the lower 10 or 12 percent body fat, but my weight stays exactly the same.  Don't get me wrong - it's better than gaining!  I am just wondering if this stupid Ketone thing could stall you out?  If anyone else has tried it?

Kiefer has said before that CNS should only be used for ~6 months before transitioning to something else for at least a little while.  Cory is the only person I've seen of going the full 6 months, but maybe switch to CBL SA for a few weeks and then transition back into CNS? 

kwearp

At 35 or 40 dollars a bottle, that's not a great reason to take them. 🙂 Want ketones? Use MCT oil. Done.

Whoever is buying them at $35-40 a bottle isn't looking around much before purchasing. I have been taking them for about 3 weeks now and couldn't tell you whether they have helped or not. I found them through swanson vitamins for like $3 a bottle of 60 caps/100mg. I figured at that price I might as well add them.  The problem I have found is there isn't much info on recommended dosage. The bottle calls for one cap 2x a day. 

Just curious if anyone here has used them...  They had a sale - I had a friend say it helpped her in combination of a low carb diet.  So I got a bottle - since there is a bunch of caffiene in there, and I've seen posts from Kiefer state caffiene pills have benefit, I figured they would either help - or do nothing...  Anyway - there are only 2 changes I've made to CNS - and that is I am doing regular resistance training, and taking these stupid pills...  Since I started I've completely stalled.  I was averaging about 1 - 2 lbs a week NET loss...  So I'd hit, say 260 - have carb nite - go to 265, then drop over the next week between carb nites, and then end up about 258 - 259 before my next carb nite.  It's was really very regular.  On occation I'd have a week or two with no net loss - but then like the 3rd or 4th week, I drop like 4 or 5 lbs - so it all equaled out.  But now, I have stayed at almost the exact same.  All my food is the same - timing and everything and for 7 months I had an average of 10 lbs a month (almost).  I dropped 63 lbs.  But I'm still nowhere near the lower 10 or 12 percent body fat, but my weight stays exactly the same.  Don't get me wrong - it's better than gaining!  I am just wondering if this stupid Ketone thing could stall you out?  If anyone else has tried it?

Kiefer has said before that CNS should only be used for ~6 months before transitioning to something else for at least a little while.  Cory is the only person I've seen of going the full 6 months, but maybe switch to CBL SA for a few weeks and then transition back into CNS?

The 6 months rule is an old recommendation that has since been done away with. He says you can use it as long as you like.

BenjaminD

The 6 months rule is an old recommendation that has since been done away with. He says you can use it as long as you like.

I think Kiefer was implying that the average person would need a mental break after 6 months of "dieting" but if you don't need a break, continue with the program. Most people make a dozen excuses to avoid going a single day without the precious items that make them fat so it's understandable that after 6 months someone might need a brief reprieve.

decoy5657

Either way they seem a bit silly.

ShaunTX
    Participant

I get so sick of Dr. Oz...Mark Sissons answers a question asked about them here.http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dear-mark-marathon-fuel-muscle-cramps-and-another-dr-oz-miracle/#axzz1sQQSBuj0

Dr Oz is a hack.

Aliotua

I know this is reviving an old thread, but I'm not sure the information given here was entirely accurate if you look at these two studies:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15862604http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16311212It seems that the increase in HSL translocation would be very effective at burning fat...From the first link: "Raspberry Ketones significantly increased norepinephrine-induced lipolysis associated with the translocation of hormone-sensitive lipase from the cytosol to lipid droplets in rat epididymal fat cells."And from the second: "The major rate-limiting factor for lipolysis is hormone-sensitive lipase"

I know this is reviving an old thread, but I'm not sure the information given here was entirely accurate if you look at these two studies:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15862604http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16311212It seems that the increase in HSL translocation would be very effective at burning fat...From the first link: "Raspberry Ketones significantly increased norepinephrine-induced lipolysis associated with the translocation of hormone-sensitive lipase from the cytosol to lipid droplets in rat epididymal fat cells."And from the second: "The major rate-limiting factor for lipolysis is hormone-sensitive lipase"

The problem being they were given enough RK to make up 2% of their total caloric intake.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Raspberry Ketones

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?